Hokum-Pokum....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
karfer67 said:
amazing work your doing there. those rims are very cool they look like the old mongoose 26 inch rims. i actually found a set of the originals that i am using on pay it back. good luck

yeah, they're some kind of trials rim, that came a 24/7 trials bike - don't really know anything about them except that they're 45mm (~1 3/4") wide....

Great build Copycat. How long since you left Lambs Conduit St? I've known SD for about twenty years. I reckon I might have met you, though the gurning put me off at first :D

Any chance of you making it to http://www.getcyclingshow.info next year? We need mentalists like you.

MadMick said:
Great build Copycat. How long since you left Lambs Conduit St? I've known SD for about twenty years. I reckon I might have met you, though the gurning put me off at first :D

Any chance of you making it to http://www.getcyclingshow.info next year? We need mentalists like you.

left bikefix 4 1/2 years ago, but worked there for 5-6 years. yeah good ol' stuart, best boss i've ever had. best shop i've ever worked in.....great times, a bit hazy....haha!

next year? not sure, it might clash with the European Handmade Bicycle Expo, which i'm hoping to exhibit at - if i can afford the 300 euros(!) to register,

....don't know, we'll see.

nice one,

owen.

Re: Hokum-Pokum....please end now!

the latest fine art from st. mary's.....

art.jpg

naahhhh! just aload of old broken chairs......

......ssssssoh.......

flatbed.jpg

...better get cutting, chopping, grinding, filing, measuring, brazing, cleaning, fitting and shite!

amen.

Interesting build. Impressive skills and thats one nice clean shop. Are those wood lathe chisels in the background?

Copycat wrote
...better get cutting, chopping, grinding, filing, measuring, brazing, cleaning, fitting and shite!

........what's measuring???..... :lol:

ej599 said:
Interesting build. Impressive skills and thats one nice clean shop. Are those wood lathe chisels in the background?

they are indeed....

musclebikes said:
Copycat wrote

........what's measuring???..... :lol:

eeerrrrrrr....don't know how that got in there, honest :wink:

Re: Hokum-Pokum....oh..crap!

and now it is obvious to me as to why i've put off the carrier for so long.....

anyway.....

FlatBed-1.jpg

...after much sawing, filing, burning, yah-de-yah, i managed to get together the component bits for this bolt-on thing...

FlatBed2.jpg

...and to cut an arduous story short...

anyway, i'll fit the additonal bits tomorrow (maybe prep the iroko slats too), and start on the mounting points for the frame...

...or maybe i won't, yeah, sod-it! :lol:

...just all seems too much like work! :shock:

its looking awesome, cant wait to see the whole thing done.

Re: Hokum-Pokum....oh..crap!

copycat said:
and now it is obvious to me as to why i've put off the carrier for so long.....

I like that carrier already. Front or rear?

Re: Hokum-Pokum....oh lummy!

well, a bit more progress on the carrier front....

flatheadbed.jpg

...side members fitted...

flatheadbed2.jpg

...and the bolt-on contact points are awaiting brazing to the carrier...

flatheadbed1.jpg

...but silly me forgot to measure those all important head and seat angles - recon they're about 69/71, respectively :|

more tomorrow...

sensor said:
okay....you dont measure but you use an angle finder?!?!? sure....... :wink:

not to mention the ruler next on the floor next to the rack :lol:

some people cant measure, just eyeball, copycat seems like a guy that could do both :mrgreen:

rack looks awesome btw !!

Re: Hokum-Pokum....errrr

ok....

flatbedmoreeee.jpg

flatbedmoreeee1.jpg

flatbedmoreeee2.jpg

...well that's the annoying tricky bit done, just need to fit the lower members and a couple of structural supports, and then drill the fixing holes for the base...

MadMick said:
Copy Cat, did you build that awesome kustom chopper which used to live in the basement at Stuarts?

maybe, but probably not - more likely one of Matt Weeks (7/32nds). what did it look like? green, motor bike wheels and 5' long forks? purple, heavy and very expensive? or unpainted, gate-looking thing?

MadMick said:
Green, motor bike wheels and 5' long forks. Wicked bike.

yeah, did a bit of brazing on it, but apart from that it's all the work of Matt Weeks (7/32nds) - he's back working at bikefix. the chopper itself ended up at the chopperdome in amsterdam. yeah nice looking, but not great to ride over long distance, especially over those dutch hump-back bridges!

nah, not my thing really - costs far too much money to build, and tends to sell at a loss, if sold at all! :shock:

Latest posts

Back