Hillbomber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Realized that I didn't do a spec sheet in the finished section, so here you go if you're interested:
-Frame: Late 40s Rollfast, covered in rust & full of holes. JB welded up, ground down, mudded, primed, sanded, painted, hated, sanded, re-primed, sanded, re-painted, scalloped, sanded, cleared, wet sanded, cleared, wet sanded, polished... ugh.
-Forks: Spaceliner springer
-Seat: old Wrights leather saddle I picked up free at a swap meet
-Bars: from an ugly 70s Huffy girls bike, flipped and shortened, wrapped in black cork tape & electrical tape
-Stem: Wald, simplest one I could find
-Crank/Sprocket: Diamondback, again, the simplest setup I could find.
-Pedals: Mongoose bmx pedals.
-Wheels: I can't remember what they're off of, I had them lying around. Just typical cheapo coaster brake set up. Painted rims black, my first time doing that... I sanded, primed, and did 2 coats of enamel. They're holding up to the brush & rocks pretty well so far, way better than I expected.
-Tires: Specialized Fast Trak LK 26 x 2.00 all terrain MTB tires. Sort of brick-colored sidewalls. I think they cost more than the rest of the bike put together, but they make the look I was going for.

I think that's about it. I had bobbed some fenders off that same Huffy girls bike and I was really happy with them, so I did a whole bunch of fabrication to make them fit, then decided the bike looks way better without them. Oh well. I'll use them on something else.

Latest posts

Back