High tech springer??!!?!?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey gang;

What do you all make of this?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/3G-Bicycles-Cruiser- ... dZViewItem

edc9_1.JPG
ee1f_1.JPG

I've not seen these before. Mind you, you guys have been in the game of cruiser/ratrod bikes longer than me so this might be old hat to you.

From the pic, it looks to have disc mounts on both sides, or am I seeing things. Never the less, they seem pretty trick to me.
G.

just wondered if you saw what that fork cost? :?:

$349.00
Plus *$35 S&H

yeah...

that's what i said too...

oct.

i do like their hoggy g tires tho
they are advertised at 24 by 3.45 wide but actually are closer to 2.78 and fill fenders easier without having the clearance issues of the 24 x 3 tires

I think the fork is kinda ugly. Plus you give them free advertising with their website engraved into the sides of it. Some of the other stuff on their website looks neat tho....

i think they look to visually "heavy" to go on a regular cruiser (like they show them) now, on a raked out Kustom... maybe.
I also despise the stamped in advertisement for their website. (then again, i generally don't wear shirts that advertise a brand either, so why would i with a fork)
They have some neat components, like the "clever bars"

october said:
just wondered if you saw what that fork cost? :?:

$349.00
Plus *$35 S&H

yeah...

that's what i said too...

oct.
Well my cheap n' cheerful bid of $56.00 got beat by five bucks! Someone got a deal and it wasn't me. Dag nabbit, you wascahwy wabbit!
G.

Man...I don't know what to say!

primitive_3spd_popup_1.jpg

sturgis_popup_1.jpg

s-rod_popup_1.jpg

stylin_popup_1.jpg

Mom: "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all"

Comment reserved... :mrgreen:

P.S. those forks are beefier than what I run on my downhill racer :shock:

My intention for this way out fork was to put it on my full suspension coffee cruiser project;

P1000709.jpg

P1000707.jpg

P1000705.jpg

Well, it's moot now. I figured it would add the panache that was lacking on it. However, once I paint it black and compliment it with some finer details, it'll be sweet.
G.

That would have been BOSS...

Yes...yes that is one application where the Heavy fork would have looked cool.

Pro-flex those pioneers of Mnt bike suspension...coool ride :!:

I just ordered a set of Hoggy G tires 24x4 I am excited to see how they look and fit a balloon frame they will be a bit wider than these 3.45 I like how they have straight sidewalls instead of flaring out like a kends or dyno 24x3 tire and that they are smoother than my shaved head :)
and they are probably half the weight

hoggy-g_tire1.gif

and I see on their website they have been featured in a few leading "mens" magazines

if i remember correctly, there was some sort scandal surrounding these tires... they arent as wide as advertised...

i think iRide knows more info on this...

no the 24x 3.45 isnt but I am getting the 24 x 4 and its supposed to be in the same range as the fattio and kendas
and at $19 a tire it was worth a try
I will measure them mounted when I get them so we all know more

well I got the tires
their 24x4 tires are basically 24x3 kenda kraze tires with a different name
they are even stamped 24s3
they wont fit into a middleweight frame
and a ballooner will be tight
but they threw in a hat :)
they must have heard about me before! hhahaha
P8230004.jpg

Latest posts

Back