BO15 Higgy-o

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The rack looks pretty sharp with those lights.

Care to share a link to the ebay seller of those lenses?
cindi_vette is the sellers name. they sell clear red and green bullets and other style replacement lenses.Great seller to work with.

Took last week off the build for a little vacation. If you call a weeks worth of honey do lists around the hose and yard a vacation. I was glad to go back to work to get a little rest. I got some goddies in the mail to get me back on track. Will get the grips fitted up to see if any stick out to me. Got a couple colored chains to try along with the original chain hanging around somewhere. I also got some upholstery paint to change up the color of my seat and grips. It is a Bmw cream color.I will get back on my fenders next and move on
20200608_205130.jpg
20200608_205220.jpg

Welcome back from your workation.
Great selection of grips.

Pulled Higgy out of the basement shop yesterday for a couple of pics. I decided on my seat and grips but wasn't happy with the color mismatch. The seat was a medium
brown with some dark staining on one side and the grips were a darker brown. I used the bullet grips. After some searching i found some paint made for leather and plastics on amazon.I decided to change things up a little and go with something different than the usual black or brown. I went with a BMW creme beige. The paint is made by colorbond and comes in lots of oem car interior colors. Layed down four light coats and it came out great. I went ahead and removed the pedal blocks and shot them also.
20200524_100055_001.jpg
20200608_205220.jpg
20200608_205130.jpg

Forgot to add the outside pics. The color on seat and grips look lighter than it really is. The paint isn't for metal but i thought i'd try it on the raised strip on the chainguard. It stuck well and i couldn' t rub it off. I thought that strip tied it together pretty well. The lettering should stick out a little better now.
20200616_154100_001.jpg
20200616_154148.jpg

Diggin' the cream paint! Did you need an adhesion promoter on first, or just straight to the vinyl /rubber?

For some reason I just had a craving for butterscotch pie with whipped cream...

Diggin' the cream paint! Did you need an adhesion promoter on first, or just straight to the vinyl /rubber?

For some reason I just had a craving for butterscotch pie with whipped cream...
They recommend the adhesion primer for hard vinyl surfaces. I just cleaned everything really well with their diluted cleaner, let dry and light coats till it covered well.

That jet wagon rack is awesome on there!

That jet wagon rack is awesome on there!
Those lights started out to be dual headlights. I had them laying on a shelf, next to the wagon and walked by one evening and the idea popped into my mind. A little finishing and the rack will be finished.

Love me some Higgins and this one is one of them! This has a vintage ‘classic custom’ look to it that I think is spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. I'm liking how its coming together. I have a couple small touches to try out yet.

Nice clean work! Looks great.

I had to see what the lights would look like tucked under the wagon so I took the liberty to give it a try.
View attachment 128595
I thought about sticking them under after i had already drilled and mounted on the sides. I may still if i can find some cool trim at the next auto parts swap meet. Im going to get a chain on it and tighten everything up and give it a test run this weekend. Still looking for a couple pieces and i will be ready for pin stripping.

Got a little more work done on higgy this weekend. Just about done and ready for final photos. I moved the tail lights under the wagon after a tip from The Renaissance man. I also mounted up the headlight. It is a nos piece i picked up from the bay. 'Im still looking for a different bracket but this one will do for now. I added some glass reflectors to the side of the wagon. A little pricey but they fit the holes from the lights. For a little bit of bling i put some crash guards on the back end. I should have it wrapped up by the end of the weekend.
20200819_204316.jpg
20200819_203955.jpg

Wicked accessory choices!

Latest posts

Back