hi my name is Aj

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been fabricating cycles for years, I'm totally into electrics. My latest project is this Springer tryke. I have to admit it's not a good ideal to put a 48volt hub on a Springer fork, but I'm gonna give it chance, cause I like the vintage look on this one. Thank...

Attachments

• IMG_20200326_112730.jpg
    IMG_20200326_112730.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 95
Welcome aboard!

If that's the type 2, then you should be ok. If it's an older one that might give out, then keep a close eye on it. I'm not sure how to tell the difference. If it looks like it's flexing or shows any bend, then it would need changed out. You could also use heavy solid forks and fake the springer by just attaching it.

The type 2:
"MONARK V2 SPRINGER FORK For Motorized Bicycles.

The Type 2 has all of the improvements of the new Type 1, with additional modifications:The type two fork has considerable welding reinforcement, making it suitable for all motorized and HD applications. We are using thicker rockers, laser cut from 12 gauge stainless steel, which are mounted externally, and ride on brass bushings, for even smoother action. The rockers come mounted externally, for maximum width, and are able to accommodate the wider, newer axles.
A HIGH QUALITY REPRODUCTION OF THE ORIGINAL You will not be disappointed with the quality, better than the originals! Springs are by O'hare Spring Co. These forks, while looking exactly like the originals, are made with thicker tubing for strength, and are welded, not brazed. Total weight is five pounds Smooth spring action provides comfortable ride, these forks work as well as they look. Fits standard 1 inch steerer. Fork tube length is 7 1/8 inches Can be used on any bike with a 1 inch steer tube that will allow for a 7 1/8 or shorter steer tube length. The steerer tube is threaded 1 3/4 inches and can be cut to size for a custom fit."

MSF-2.jpg

Last edited:
Been working on using scooter parts for a better braking system on the rear axle, eliminate the front disc brake and use a caliber brake on the front wheel as a parking brake slash road brake, I have a few ideals on a hydraulic drum brake for the rear.

Welcome to the best vintage bicycle oriented site on the internet! We have fun here. Looking forward to you joining in!

Latest posts

Back