Heyho from Germany

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, my name is Tom. I got my first bike at the age of 5 and I think around 6 my back then best friend and neighbour and me we started messing around with it. I remember we picked bikes from the scrap yard and went to the local smithy to have them reinforced so we could jump in the sandmines behind the village...fast forward now I am almost 50 and still into it :) Partially growing up on a farm I always loved the weather beaten colors combined with rust and bare metall - which nowadays they call patina.

Thanks for having me, //Tom

P.S: Here is my latest build, also posted that in the facebook group:

IMG_1224.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg

Hello everyone, my name is Tom. I got my first bike at the age of 5 and I think around 6 my back then best friend and neighbour and me we started messing around with it. I remember we picked bikes from the scrap yard and went to the local smithy to have them reinforced so we could jump in the sandmines behind the village...fast forward now I am almost 50 and still into it :) Partially growing up on a farm I always loved the weather beaten colors combined with rust and bare metall - which nowadays they call patina.

Thanks for having me, //Tom

P.S: Here is my latest build, also posted that in the facebook group:

View attachment 123093
View attachment 123094
Welcome!!!

Love that fork

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

@toro1978: The fork was a total shot in the dark, I saw that one on a flee market, liked the color and thought it might work. The guy that sold it thought it was french and from the 50s. Putting it in turned out to be a very tight business, i had to remove some of the steering tube bottom and top with a grinder to make it fit. After that it is just screwing it in like any other fork too. The steering bar is then attached with 2 u-bent threaded rods. Oh and I had a look at your bike, very nice one too! I am going to make a more detailed post in the build section about the bike.

Latest posts

Back