Hex53

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This year I started with an 1950's X-53. The goal was to create a bike that I could use as my main ride that would match my son's bike Frigthliner from last years build-off. The concept of "Hex 53" is a twist on the original name, I'd thought that I'd have fun with it, thus the devils and eight balls.

The frame and fenders and been totally striped of rust, straightened, and filled. Its all pretty labor intensive but I like to bring the bike to better than new condition. All of the metal has been buffed and polished but the patina remains. All of the additional metal work was hand cut and fitted. Pin-striping was done by Jeff Wolf, a member here, his work is truly amazing and a great addition to this project.

Here is the build history...
viewtopic.php?f=67&t=56404&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

In conclusion I'd like to thank my friends, family and everyone that provided feedback and support on this project. The aptitude, skill and artistry of the builders at this site is amazing and has really been inspiring and intimidating at some times. Congratulations and good luck to all the participants in this years build!

Hexhero1.jpg

hehhero2.jpg

hex34.jpg

hex_rear.jpg

front.jpg

This one is a win in my opinion. So much detail and custom fabrication goin on here. Truly a piece of art. 8)

man, i wish my old murray looked half this fine! 8) the black,silver and red makes for great eye candy.your metal working skills are truly inspiring.really nice twist on a classic bike! :D

congRATs dude.
Wicked bike as expected.
That bottle opener looks like an eye in some of the photos. You should consider some stiping to make the eye shape more distinct. :)

Sweet bike and great job! :D Looks like Frightliners big brother :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back