Hercules for the Ladies

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get this! My wife comes home and says "go look in the back of the SUV" - my wife has no interest in bikes really at all - - but she brought this home from goodwill today! I could not find any serial numbers, but it's lugged frame, sturmey 3-speed, made in england bike - has nice seat and overall in good shape! I guess it's maybe from late 60's or ? any ideas? - it ain't no Airman, but it's new to me! pretty clean bike!

herc_01.jpg

herc_02.jpg

The seat looks brand new. The girl's don't beat up their bikes at all. Nice find. Is it for you or is it hers?

SA hubs are easy to date, mine doesn't have that hub.
I picked this from the landfill. I think It's from the 70's but I have not taking the time to date by numbers or Sachs 3-speed I can only guess, the older ones have codes. It also has string holes in the rear fenders and a tool kit. It's hanging peacefully from the rafters in my garage.

HerculesLady-01.jpg

HerculesLady-02.jpg

HerculesLady-03.jpg

GL

Nice one King, I have one that's very similar, but it has a shimano 333 hub. The owner claimed her parents ordered it from Montgomery Ward's in the 50s. I know they did import them, but I don't know if mine's that old and just has a newer wheel on it. Actually, I didn't want it, but the co. I was working for had built a big addition for them, and they were "difficult"... Seemed to like me alright though, so I gave 'em $20, and added it to the pile! -Adam

Graylock said:
SA hubs are easy to date, mine doesn't have that hub.
I picked this from the landfill. I think It's from the 70's but I have not taking the time to date by numbers or Sachs 3-speed I can only guess, the older ones have codes. It also has string holes in the rear fenders and a tool kit. It's hanging peacefully from the rafters in my garage.

HerculesLady-01.jpg

HerculesLady-02.jpg

HerculesLady-03.jpg

GL

The Hub in your bike is a Sachs Torpedo 3-speed H3111S and was build from 1975 on...

I had a hard time figuring out the build date of my BSA since it was just the frame and no hub. I thought it would go along with the Raleigh date code but that didn't work either. Being BSA's and a bunch of other British bicycles were made by Raleigh. I've got a men's Hercules in the garage that I'm going to build another fixie out of. It's pretty complete but headset was locked tight when I got it.

Latest posts

Back