Hercules & Coast King

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a tip from a friend out hitting the garage sales about this Hercules. Said it was free, so off I went.
downsized_0630090945.jpg

Then I got this Coast King off CL for $20. The frame is cool!
coast1.jpg

coast2.jpg

I wish I would have had this for the build-off, but I'll probably put some new tires on it and maybe a different seat and make it my new commuter!

I like that Herc. What year? Someone put the front brake on backwards!

The Coast King looks to be Huffy, only the top tubes are reversed (two thin on top, single thicker underneath unlike and ordinary cantilever) like some Murrays. Definitely a Huffy, though. The forks, frame, and chainring are all standard huffy components, I'd have to guess your bike is between '63 and '65. Cool finds!

Unchained said:
The Coast King looks to be Huffy, only the top tubes are reversed (two thin on top, single thicker underneath unlike and ordinary cantilever) like some Murrays. Definitely a Huffy, though. The forks, frame, and chainring are all standard huffy components, I'd have to guess your bike is between '63 and '65. Cool finds!

I was kinda thinking the same as the chain ring caught my eye. As I've been told Huffy made some Murrays and Sears bikes durring that era. Look for a H, M, or S in the serial number folowed by a number ( 3 would be '63, 4 would be '64)The rear rack looks like the one I had on my Sears back in '60. You did good scoring this.

GL

Latest posts

Back