HELP! patina

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added a springer front end to my bike, but the finish does not match the rest of the bike at all. I don't want to paint it, but I would consider patina-ing-izing-ification. I'd like to make it match my chainguard. The chainguard is basically green too, but much more faded and rusted. Any advice to make the finish of my springer look much more like the finish of my chainguard? Thanks!!!

1069209_484484198309182_442617802_n.jpg

999025_484484471642488_1270432393_n.jpg

I've read posts on how to create rust in a hurry. This, I'm sure, will require some of that. Does that work on painted metals, or just raw metal? I'm wondering if there's a way to fade the paint (perhaps light sanding?). Also, I'd like the rust and paint to show TOGETHER!?

:D

Check out my Build off 8 thread .

I'm patina-ing my chainguard to match ( I had to do a color change and then patina it to match)

Hope it helps :mrgreen:

maybe it's just me, but I've always thought that a mis-matched paint color on a part that obviously came out of the parts pile makes it's own patina statement without any further help. :D

Eye of the beholder,I guess? The difference in the Frame and Fender colors already put this bike in that catagory. Not really seeing why the Springer has to match?

jerrykr said:
maybe it's just me, but I've always thought that a mis-matched paint color on a part that obviously came out of the parts pile makes it's own patina statement without any further help. :D

junknutz1975 said:
:D

Check out my Build off 8 thread .

I'm patina-ing my chainguard to match ( I had to do a color change and then patina it to match)

Hope it helps :mrgreen:

Yes, Thank You, That's Very Helpful!!!

jerrykr said:

RatSphinx said:
Eye of the beholder,I guess? The difference in the Frame and Fender colors already put this bike in that catagory. Not really seeing why the Springer has to match

I Understand What You Guys Are Saying, But, To Me, It All Does Match Except The Springer. I Think if I Could Get The Springer To More Closely Match The ChaInguard, It Would Tie It All Together.

It'd probably be easier to clear the chainguard to bring back some color and make it more closely match the fork. Then use salt water on the fork to create some rust over time.

Latest posts

Back