Help locking down the year and possible make

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So heres my baby....shes new to me but o so sexy and currently going through a makeover.
It was sold to me as one thing but I suspected otherwise and I know this is the place to come. It was sold to me as a 37 model, possibly cwc and the sprocket kinda seemed to fit that and the top bar designs too.....Let me know what ya think.
This pic is before I acquired it...

This pic is how it sits currently...

This one is of the crank tube serial number...

Its a really neat bike overall., Im not big on anything but solid black or white walls, but its an awesome shape frame, nice wheels, nice crank wheel and seat, even the pedals look right correct to the bike..
It doesnt look like it'd take much to get running either, which is excellent!

Im still new too, More into Columbia right now, but I hear PreWar and I have to come look :43:

The tires are freakin hideous and came with the bike....they will be s$&t-canned if nobody wants them. Theyre some reflective non-sense for mountain bikes....

Man i am in love with this bike...its everything ive ever wanted, ugly, dirty and ready to go as soon as i get the skip tooth chain back together....

O and i want to find a 5/8 lucky 7 seat post to complete the look i want....
And trashing the fugly tires...

Mid-late 40's cwc's had a milder bend to the downtube that the later frames, late prewar were even more mild than that. 30's would have had a straight downtube and drop stand ears.There are threads on here for serial #'s. Stem and rims may not be correct, but who cares. Cool bike, I have a 46 and a 52 (one rat, one og) and I love them both. Nice find!

Could someone maybe help me find a pic of what it might have looked like from the factory and maybe what colors were available? Can be ratty original or restored.

its either a 36 or a 37. Those two years the double bars were closer and in 38 they were spaced out more to use a hanging tank. Also mid 30s had either a c or a w in a circle at the end of the serial number the only thing stumping me is in those 2 years I belive the serial # started with a j or z. From my knowledge it wasn't a roadmaster because the headbadge holes are vertical not horizontal. But I dunno none of us were alive then and these type of things are so hard to nail down. But It is ccw produced because the w at the end of the serial number and it is a 36/37 due to the top tubes. Figure out what size post you need I have some spares I can let go of.

Sorry to take up your thread but I take back what I said and I agree with bri. Looks newer then the 30s. There's a thread on here from 2009 look it up "roadmaster serial # help" it should steer you right and there's a bike in there that looks close to yours that's dated closer to the 50s.

I need a 5/8th lucky seven post and im paypal ready brother.....pics if you have em. The rattier the better...
Yeah man i can deal with mid 40s-ish on the bike....ive pretty much already figured out the badging is Fleet Wing most likely....

here it is taco exactly what you had. hawthorne model produced from 47-early 50s. vertical headbadge holes. your bike doesnt have dog ears on the rear dropout to hold a drop stand which eliminates prewar. same fork same chain guard i knew i seen this bike i guess i just got my head in the clouds tonight

Latest posts

Back