1. We will be upgrading the forum software on Monday evening. During this time the forum may be down for several hours. Thanks for your patience while we do the work!
    Dismiss Notice

Help ID cheap Cruiser for a newb?

Discussion in 'BIKE I.D. & VALUATION QUESTIONS' started by Kriegs, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Kriegs

Kriegs

Hello,

Iam pretty sure this is some big box store china cruiser, but was really cheap and would help me get into cruisers...had a big murray when i was a kid and loved it.I would ride all over for miles on that thing....
    anyhow,there anyway to ID this thing? the P.O. didnt know either, was just a bike to use
    tried looking up the serial number off the rear drop out,but it came up as a 57 schwinn?!?! highly doubt that!
    any help would be appreciated.

2709806-1577480452-880048.jpg 2709806-1577480447-960967.jpg

RustyGold and sandman like this.
  2. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr

While I don't think it's a fifty whatever Schwinn, is definitely a cool way to get into cruisin. If you ask me, it's got an 80s BMX /beach cruiserish vibe because of the straight fork and brakes. I can't read the chainguard because of messed up phone, but if you give more info, might be easier to pin it down. Any brands/models on brakes, shifters, derailleur, rims, indication of the steel type, such as cro mo or something might add to value. The slogan on the fork might be because it was a promotional give away bike, reminds me of tobacco for some reason.
    But if it works and is comfortable, it definitely looks cool. I've gotten compliments riding a hundred dollar bike that I did cheapo customization to.

Kriegs and RustyGold like this.
  3. ifitsfreeitsforme

ifitsfreeitsforme

kinda looks like a Huffy Good Vibrations

4. SSG

SSG

I'm pretty sure it's a Huffy Catalina Cruiser.

Kriegs, RustyGold and deorman like this.
  5. deorman

deorman

Yep.

6. Kriegs

Kriegs

just got home, and looks like it has a "Coors Light - Silver Bullet Racing team" decal on the other fork....and a "Catalina Cruisers" decal on the chain guard

7. Phil Fink

Phil Fink

At one time, Huffy bikes had the date coded into the serial number, such as 91234, for the 123rd day of 1994, (for example), along with a bunch of other model code numbers.

Also, as I recall, some parts, such as chrome rims and Wald stem, may have had date stamps.

Some Huffy bikes were built in Celina, west of China.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
    Kriegs likes this.