Heavyweight build "FATBOB" CHANGES!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Single sided stay/forks heavy build. New name: "FATBOB"

lookin forward to seeing this done!

ps. well done on the build off - quality mate

feeblington said:
lookin forward to seeing this done!

ps. well done on the build off - quality mate
Thanks Feeblington!
Might be a while before this one is done, going to be a little distracted with the big Build Off...

Luke.

Those tires are perfect!!!

Good and bad news on the FatBob front today, did a full check over on that new tire, and found it has a broken bead, so not usable at all... That is the bad news.

The good news is, I have been looking for a small ammunition box to put the batteries and switches in for the lights, managed to find one today for only $20 and it seems in good shape, the rubber gasket is still there and not perished either...
8618763124_a8c4bd2eac.jpg

The box might get stolen for the build off bike yet though...

Luke.

Sorry to hear about the tire, maybe you'll find another for a good price...
Nice box for all your electrical stuff!
Can't wait to see your creation for the build off...
Steve

Well some good news on the FatBob front, I changed my mind on the wheels and tires I was planning on using for the big build off, going to now use some nice Harley whitewalls I picked up for that, so, the huge, super secret wheels and tires I was planning on using are now going on FatBob!

They are a better fit here anyway! :wink: Fits the scale of the build perfectly...

8622989015_b14d140450.jpg

8622989045_d503158616.jpg

Yep, that is a pair of 20's! They measure out at 26 inch's by 9.75 when mounted and inflated, I got these as part payment on the Muscle Bike sale. Ordered a set of custom made 20x8 steel rim bands and they fit up perfectly! So after the big build off, get ready to see the return of FatBob! Bigger and better than ever! :mrgreen:

Luke.

Re: Heavy weight scratch build "FATBOB" New wheels and tires!

:shock:
MO FATTA MO BETTA

what was wrong with the actual tire that are on ? (sorry if i missed that info)
new ones look in great condition , but are you gonna be able to lean the bike with such a square profile ?

All good questions 1HP! The rear tire that is on there is worn unevenly, it has a flat area in the middle and another on one side as if someone did a step off burnout with it. It would probably be fine, but it looks ugly and whenever I see it I lose any interest on working on the bike. Why put so much effort into building it, if that tire is all I am going to see every time I look at it, is the way I feel.

I am not sure about how well or even if it will lean with the new tires, there is a guy here in town running a car tire on the back of his Triumph Rocket 3, and he has no worries with it, so I have some hope. The addition of huge ape hangers I am hoping will give me more leverage to lean it when turning.

Luke.

Those 20's are going to look insane on whatever you attach them to!! I'm excited to see fatbob gettin mo love!

Yeah, I think FatBob felt a bit left out when the Muscle Bike Build came along, hope it can survive now till the big build off is done and the weather starts warming up again down here... Getting cold already!

Good thing we will be on holidays up north for most of the big build off or it would not be happening!

Luke.

thanks for answering :) i keep a close eye on this fat build :shock: 8)

Those aren´t fat tires...

They´re OBESE!!! :mrgreen:
I´d like to see a vid of you putting those into the rim :lol: :lol:

Gdcast said:

So would I! I have fought with tires in the past, and I know that the low profiles are a headache sometimes, so I took them in to a big tire shop and they had 5 different guys try to fit them while I stood around waiting for 2 hours, in the end they had to call the service truck back in to use something they called "earthmover grease" to get the sidewalls to meet the bead. They got them both on fairly quickly then, but as they brought them back out to me I noticed they fitted one of them backwards on the rim!

By this time the shop was meant to be shut so they said to leave it with them and they would call me when it was done in the morning. The call did not come till 11:30am, they had 2 guys struggling with it for 3 hours before it resealed on the rim! Thankfully the manager only charged me for two standard mounts ($17 total) I would hate to think what the approximately 10 hours work would have cost me... :shock:

Just glad it will be unlikely that using them on a bike will ever wear them out and require replacing...

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
Gdcast said:

So would I! I have fought with tires in the past, and I know that the low profiles are a headache sometimes, so I took them in to a big tire shop and they had 5 different guys try to fit them while I stood around waiting for 2 hours, in the end they had to call the service truck back in to use something they called "earthmover grease" to get the sidewalls to meet the bead. They got them both on fairly quickly then, but as they brought them back out to me I noticed they fitted one of them backwards on the rim!

By this time the shop was meant to be shut so they said to leave it with them and they would call me when it was done in the morning. The call did not come till 11:30am, they had 2 guys struggling with it for 3 hours before it resealed on the rim! Thankfully the manager only charged me for two standard mounts ($17 total) I would hate to think what the approximately 10 hours work would have cost me... :shock:

Just glad it will be unlikely that using them on a bike will ever wear them out and require replacing...

Luke.

I have this recurring nightmare... and that is it :mrgreen: I gotta get back to my own fat tire chopper one of these weeks, life and work have severely crept into my personal fun time. :shock:

Looking good luke!

Rich

I knew that was killer work!!!
But hey, for that same reason it makes it unique, nobody wants to struggle for 10 hours for just two tires!!! :wink: :lol:

I keep changing my mind on the build off bike, might be using the twenty's on it yet. Came up with a new frame design that would suit them perfectly.
If I do, FatBob will probably get some 5-6inch wide motorbike whitewalls instead...

Luke.

LukeTheJoker said:
I keep changing my mind on the build off bike, might be using the twenty's on it yet. Came up with a new frame design that would suit them perfectly.
If I do, FatBob will probably get some 5-6inch wide motorbike whitewalls instead...

Luke.
Poor FatBob... he keeps getting the second hand stuff, the hand me downs, the I don't want these.... :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back