Hawk Sunbeam "Malna" - some kind of boardtracker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...a few weeks ago...

i had the chance to buy a damaged Hawk Sunbeam Frame with a brocken seatstay. So i bought it because i always loved the frame since i first saw it.

roh2.jpg

roh1.jpg

...i gave the frame to my father because he knew someone who is a professional aluminium welder, to weld the seatstay, and to coat it in RAL 3011 brownred...

fotogqr.jpg

some parts were needed an taken fom an older bike (Mauersegler) because its frame was damaged by a flooding in our basement :( (i hate rust!!!)

foto2s.jpg

so me and vitag started putting the things together...

23813170.jpg

78392054.jpg

...i still needed to shorten the double bridge fork and install brake cables and shifter...
so yesterday i went down in the basement and did it.. (for the first time, i never before used such a fork)
and i found a better steerer ... 8) now its boardtracker style...

32300072.jpg

87976180.jpg

...so i had to take it for a spin :mrgreen: ...

33731721.jpg

35025185.jpg

85983920.jpg

......:::......

...my wife had the choice to pick a seat... we had a Lepper Primus (installed at the pics) a Brooks B67 and some white Cruiser Seat ... her choice was on the white wich will be installed today with some white grips and red valvecaps... and the fender will go back to the basement (maybe forever... :D )

...its a fun to ride...in comparison to the "Wolfgang" it has much more agility and speed... but its a different bike and style...

2 white "tankdecals" are in the printing process...

so have a nice day all of you...!!!

I agree, sweet bike. I haven't looked for the frame here but the taillights like that are hard to find here. I asked about a set in another thread and searched a bit but couldn't find them.

Yeah definitely a nice bike...Im diggin the seat post...is it something you fab'd up yourself or is it just another item that can't be found here? Haha :roll:

i prefer the battery Baby Bees because i don't like dynamos...they arn't cheap here (around 19 Euros) too... i bought some on the bay...never minding the colour, i paint them alway the color i need them... there will be a second one on the other side when the paint has dried...the only use for the v-brake socket is as a taillight holder!!! :mrgreen: ...because i like the SRAM 3-Speed with drumbrake or the normal version...i never need the V-Brake sockets...

the seatpost came with an another Hawk Bike i own, wich will be build up in spring as a real low boardtracker... on the felt the seat post was a custom build by "Wolfgang" and Vitag... a normal Felt seatpost plus a 22,2mm tube welded together... and its rigid till heck freezes over...

...the tires are great, the ride is smooth with a lot of grip in corners... but they get dirty so fast!!! (maybe thats the point why so few people buy light coloured tires :roll: )

...isn't there a shop in the states who sells LIIX parts?... i think LIIX is only a distributer too... maybe we find one...

hey there....
what fork is that on your build...is it a nirve...i am looking for one for over a month now....

no Nirve, its one from http://www.sm-parts.net... it doesn't say anywhere who is the producer of the fork...Sorry!

its stronger build than the nirve wich has a friend on an other bike...

and its much cheaper (around 60Euros...which is really a low price for such a fork!) i will buy another one shortly

THAT'S IT DUDE.....now i have to learn to read german hahahaha
would they ship it to USA?
i emailed them hopefully the get back to me

Thats a real nice frame, the build looks great. What kind of bars are on it in the firs couple pics? THEY KIND OF HAVE A DH OR BMX mini cruiser look to them....

Latest posts

Back