Hat

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think a laid back seat post , a 22 tooth rear sprocket and a little higher bars. Then change all the
parts to silly more expensive stuff , and you get your $200 out of it with the way it makes you laugh
when you look at it. :lol: :lol:
DSCF0001_zps0a4bf13b.jpg

Yeah Steve I found some old motorcycle bars I had. They are 7/8''. They have a little more
bend than yours , but are really comfortable. Its funny while your riding , you feel like going
through your neighbors ditch. :lol: :lol:

DSCF0002_zps86f1c223.jpg

DSCF0005_zpsf84da83c.jpg

Seems really stupid , because I could build the same thing cheap.
Well really I couldn't pass on the tires and wheels. that is a heck
of a deal for $200.
Bill this is my second one in a couple months. I just got a new LGB from worksman.
I am starting a collection of bought bikes. Ouch!

I say you confuse everyone, instead of stretching it, you need to make the frame taller and more compact... as tight as you can make it without the wheels hitting the BB, which will be raised.

Uncle Stretch said:
I am starting a collection of bought bikes.
You guys know Uncle Stretch better than I do. Is this his emergency code phrase? Mine is "I'm going to go buy a copy of 'My Best Friend's Wedding'". If I saw that to my wife via phone or e-mail, she knows to call the cops, because I've been kidnapped. :)

The one thing I would like to see done with this bike is someone giving the head tube just a bit more rake.

It almost seems like the fork is angled back too far. It would also help the foot/tire scrape issue when turning.

The OCC chopper triple tree has some rake build into the triple tree mounts, but then you wouldn't have the width for the tire unless you further modded the mounts, making one wonder why they just didn't make their own to begin with.

I think it's because the seat tube and head tube angle are not the same in the stock set up.

If they were the same angle, I think that awkwardness would go away.

beastrake-2.jpg:original

:D Required changes made.

DSCF0003_zps42d9626e.jpg

Ok you messed up the brick on my sidewalk. :lol: :lol:
You could probably make some more forks with a little more forward curve in them
and achieve the same thing, without chopping up the frame.

Sheldon Brown said:
On many bicycles, especially those with smaller frames and full-sized wheels, it is possible for the front fender or tire to bump into the rider's toe or to the toe clip. Some people worry a lot about this, but it is rarely a significant problem in practice.
The only time it can happen is when the handlebars are turned quite far to the side, as only happens at very low speeds.

Many, many people ride bicycles with fairly severe overlap with no practical problems, sometimes having to make a slight adjustment to their pedaling habits at very slow speeds.

On smaller-size bikes with full-sized wheels, it is usually impossible to eliminate overlap without causing adverse fit/handling

In short....just deal with it. :wink:

For me it's more about the look then the foot scrape.

I think bike frames generally flow better when the head tube and seat tube angles are the same...or else very different.

Rat Rod said:
For me it's more about the look then the foot scrape.

I think bike frames generally flow better when the head tube and seat tube angles are the same...or else very different.

Definitely. These things look kind of "pinched in" from top to bottom when you look at them from the side.
It doesn't make much sense to me, frame geometry-wise, unless the big wheels created some odd handling issue that isn't obvious from a standard-frame-design point of view.

Latest posts

Back