Haro SR-71

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got tapped to do a restoration on this Bad Oscar.

20201104_213020.jpg

Done

20211018_142651.jpg

I had a hassle with ordering some grips to match the ones he had on there, ordered shortly after he dropped it off. Giving the company they were ordered from time to ship turned into a ridiculously long wait, followed by getting crickets back on repeated attempts to contact them. Fortunately slaypal refunded my money. This thing is 100% ready to rock.

Done

View attachment 175678

I had a hassle with ordering some grips to match the ones he had on there, ordered shortly after he dropped it off. Giving the company they were ordered from time to ship turned into a ridiculously long wait, followed by getting crickets back on repeated attempts to contact them. Fortunately slaypal refunded my money. This thing is 100% ready to rock.
Very nice. One seriously lucky owner

Where was that from I had one and believe that to be my old bike I still have the owners manual and recipt where we bought it new Christmas of 1999 frame only was 500. Any way it’s crazy that sprocket and wheels have stayed the same this whole time

Where was that from I had one and believe that to be my old bike I still have the owners manual and recipt where we bought it new Christmas of 1999 frame only was 500. Any way it’s crazy that sprocket and wheels have stayed the same this whole time
Whatcha know about that @Karate Chicken Industries

Looking to buy it back

Considering the skyrocketed prices of collectible BMX over the past years, I wish you luck. That frame is worth more now than when it was new

I've been outbid on SPIN wheels more times over the years than I care to recall. Crazy prices

It would be an interesting story if it did turn out to be the same bike. How it travelled cross country from the midwest to end up in CO. Who owned it. etc...

Where was that from I had one and believe that to be my old bike I still have the owners manual and recipt where we bought it new Christmas of 1999 frame only was 500. Any way it’s crazy that sprocket and wheels have stayed the same this whole time.
AFAIK, Colorado's Front Range is where this SR-71 is from. The owner bought it used, rode and raced it a bit when his kids were into BMX and it's sat since then...until now. He's going to take it to one of the Velosolutions pump tracks cropping up around here soon. I'll be sure to post pics of it in action again. It had a few issues, but is dialed-in for dealing now.

If you list up the spec, I could probably confirm whether or not it was previously your bike.

Latest posts

Back