Handlebar Stretcher?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I read on this forum about using different stuff to add an inch or so to the ends of handlebars to increase the overall width of the bars, but for the life of me I can't type the right stuff into the search to find it.

I know there's wood dowels and pieces cut from old bars, but the one I'm thinking of used 3/4" copper fittings somehow. Anyone recollect that process or any other to widen handlebars a bit. I'd like to add an inch or so to each end of a pair of ape hangers so the hand brake levers can be inline with the grips.

Thanks!

grip.jpg

Finally found what I was looking for. It wasn't on this forum after all.

https://bmxmuseum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=427454

Picked up the required fittings and some washers the right diameter after work today. Got home in time for a short pause in the rain. Figured since there were washers in the grips I might add a couple of reflectors too.
The extensions gave me just enough room to get the brake levers lined up with the grips.

Now if the rains would let up long enough that I could get back to my build off bike...
20608d69940ee43374ce339eed7b1686.jpg
6c188f8a345e9458909cb26f8a48ecf3.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back