Guitarl's Rat Ranger Pickups

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I found me another 97' Ranger and this one is a BOMB. Rhinoliner painted, flatbed & toolboxes, w/ a 4cyl 5spd. Ladder rack soon if I can fab one up...

Carl.

KIMG0710.JPG

Carl.

Use your other for parts?
Don't really need anything from it.
Different motor and tranny so...
Just gotta save the Kaiser hood ornament!
Also on deck...
Hangers/hooks on the passenger side
to haul my Harlequin T.

Carl.

I like the toolbox bed on it!
Me too. It's about as raggedy as the last one, so I'll be driving it and letting my youngest boy drive the nicer one. I don't have to worry about him breaking down that way. He's a good kid too, so I don't have to worry about the truck either.
So they spray tinted all the lens' on the headlights and turn sigs etc. I'll be liberating the lights from my old truck before it goes to the scrapper, as well as everything else I might need... gonna do some kind of graphic on it. I'm thinking of reviving my old HS football nickname and calling this thing WARTHOG.

Carl.

Yesterday I took all the spray tinted lights off, replacing them with lights from my old truck. Took the seats out of it today. Warthog has Merc Mountaineer seats that gotta go. They're too big in the little cab. I wish I had the know how to swap in the tilt steering from the Rat. It's crazy how different these two 97' Rangers are from each other. Even little things like the horn are not the same.

Carl.

Sent from my C6743 using Tapatalk

Not a bolt in swap for the steering?
Possibly is for a real mechanic. LOL. But it is also my daily driver, so it can't be down for a few days. I know there's an airbag circuit and a lot more wires running thru it also tilt in the stretchcab was a column shift and my little warthog is a floor shift stick.
Carl.

Ah yeah, that is starting to sound like too much work...
I think if I had a empty bay in a garage and another vehicle to drive i could probably tackle it. but yeah I'm not a pro auto mechanic...

Carl.

Sounds like one is a manual and the other an auto? Tilt would be nice bit sounds like there are not many parts interchangeable. I ran into issues before customizing my vehicles, but sometimes you just cant make things work the way you want them to, surprising how many things can change year to year, and even in the same model year.

keep the rubber side down!

yes a lot is different even tho they are both 97's
Vehicle 0ne:
(Rat) blown motor, stretch cab, 4.0 V6, auto, tilt column
Vehicle Two:
(Warthog) single cab, 4cyl, 5speed, no tilit, 6" body lift

Even swapping seats was a pain, had to switch slider racks too, because the topography of the floor was different. I did get my other hood with the Kaiser hood ornament on it. I swapped complete hoods because the flat black allows me to scribble on the hood with soapstone.

Carl.

Gas tank filler neck...
Rubber, rotted and leaks when fueling up. Probably different from the one I have...grr. We'll see.

Carl.

Sent from my C6743 using Tapatalk

If it's just the hose connecting the filler neck to the tank you should be able to get a new one cut at a parts store.
If you do that, check for locally owned places. I got one on my old van for five bucks from car quest... O'Reilly wanted 25.

If it's just the hose connecting the filler neck to the tank you should be able to get a new one cut at a parts store.
If you do that, check for locally owned places. I got one on my old van for five bucks from car quest... O'Reilly wanted 25.
Guaranteed it's gonna be some one off thing since its on a flatbed. Between what I have and what's available, I'll be ok. The bed may end up getting modded.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back