Guitar Players: Show us yours!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@BARTO Very similar to your Univox...
KIMG01541.jpg

Teisco EP11T perfect nos condition.

Carl.

1970, Dag man, that boy's been around... looks darn good for 46 years old. I was 12 when you bought it ! Awesome color and pick guard on that P Bass...what are you playing it thru? What kind of music do you play?
I had a Black Jazz Bass with white pick guard back in 78...unfortunately it was stolen several years back.

Bart

Last edited:
Awesome color and pick guard on that P Bass...what are you playing it thru? What kind of music do you play?
Bart

I don't play it anymore...sometimes I do a little recording with it
I played out live for 30 years. 20 of those were on Nantucket Island...we were the only band on the Island....ha.
Lots and lots of wedding gigs.
Mostly , I play funk...Old school. I used to play through a Gallien-Krueger Head and a 18" bottom with two 10" satellites.
You could feel your liver vibrating.....;)

I had a Black Jazz Bass with white pick guard back in 78...unfortunately it was stolen several years back. Bart[/QUOTE said:
That's a bummer....sheesh
love the Jazz Bass. I also had a '73 Jazz , sunburst....last I know, one of my sons has it....but they aren't saying much..

I share care taker status of my Dad's Les Paul (seen in an earlier post) with my older brother (I currently have possession). Nothing better than family sharing care taker status with family guitars, any of my brothers could take possession of any of mine any time they want and I would be fine with it.
Hope your Son is enjoying your Jazz Bass and playing/displaying it proudly.

Bart

I don't play it anymore...sometimes I do a little recording with it
I played out live for 30 years. 20 of those were on Nantucket Island...we were the only band on the Island....ha.
Lots and lots of wedding gigs.
Mostly , I play funk...Old school. I used to play through a Gallien-Krueger Head and a 18" bottom with two 10" satellites.
You could feel your liver vibrating.....;)
Nantucket eh, I live in Ct...almost neighbors. My 1st band was in 78 down in Lady's Island SC, we were the only Rock Band...we did a lot of bars....bars are the worst place to play...everyone's a Rockstar or critic...

Nantucket eh, I live in Ct...almost neighbors. My 1st band was in 78 down in Lady's Island SC, we were the only Rock Band...we did a lot of bars....bars are the worst place to play...everyone's a Rockstar or critic...

Were....neighbors
and, I spent a lot of time up in Connecticut too...I especially like the way Northeast crnr. of that state, start at Winsted, thru Norfolk and up to N. Canaan.
I left Nantucket Island in 2000, what a godforsaken lonely grey cold place that was....20 years of my life I'll never get back...damnnn:cry:
now here's sometihin' Barto
AND then..I moved to South Carolina...and spent many weekends out on Lady's Island...my good friend she lives out there.
Like, nobody hears about Lady's Island
N0w, I'm in Florida and snow is becoming a distant memory.
neat huh?

Here is our (my wife and I) collection. Mostly inexpensive, but all playable, and most have some sentimental value, like the 58' harmony stratotone she learned to play on, my uncle's harmony res-o-tone banjo, or the kit Tele she bought me for Christmas a few years back. We play out alot, and most of the acoustics rotate in and out, as well as the Tele and epi wildkat.
uploadfromtaptalk1458614131229.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1458614136159.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1458614140804.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1458614145518.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1458614152606.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1458614158963.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1458614167408.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1458614172739.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1458614179100.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1458614185761.jpg

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

geez 002.jpg

Lots of mods on this lefty Squier strung right handed. Tele pup in the bridge, reverse decals, Warmoth pickguard, and single tone control.
DSC00689.JPG

Somebody gave me this husk of a Strat copy, so I tried something I saw on the web, and removed all the body that wasn't covered by the guard. Weird to play, didn't know I'd miss it till it was gone...
geez 003.jpg

resetting the bridge studs on a friends Devlin. Drilled the old holes out and glued in some oak dowel, next will be drilling for new smaller sleeves for the studs. Don't want to miss this one's measurements, it's a set neck :eek: no room for error. I've also got another friends Ibanez in for some hotrod wiring...
geez 004.jpg

geez 005.jpg

Pretty cool old Stella tenor guitar, don't see many of these. Back is already off and the neck is ready to be reset. Faux finish is painted on... late 50's early 60's is my first guess haven't researched it yet... swapped a couple hours of carpentry work for it.

I'm so glad I've got something to do while waiting for the next build off...:nerd:

Carl.

Another Affinity Strat with lots of mods.
e31baac74b0680bfe88d907839afef2a.jpg

This ones mine, I also have a sweet Ibanez on my bench being hotrodded for a friend...

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

Last edited:
Wicked pick guard and what the heck are those pick ups???
GFS foiltops, nice low power scatterwound with alnico magnetic slugs, supposed to replicate that old teisco sound. I had to try them when I heard that. I like them a lot. Go check out Guitar Fetish.... their pickups have never let me down and are way affordable.
I've got vintage saddles on the way for this one, then it's done for now...

Hey did anybody hear the music track on the video montage I did for my ORBO bike, Dead Metal? It's me jamming with some loops.

Carl.

Last edited:
Think I'm going to start a series of pictures featuring a guitar and a bike together...

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

Latest posts

Back