Guitar Players: Show us yours!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This my $20 find a the a local flea market. She wanted 40 and without me even asking get she came down to 20. For a little kicker that she played bass thru (that's right Bass) it sounds great!!!
20150812_173438.jpg
20150812_173438.jpg

Got a coupon from Guitar Center which is close to the house so took a look around and before you knew it I was walking out the door with this.

jackson_zpsyczxxtw7.jpg~original

I've got a new effects processor coming in the mail so I should be able to play her through my amp soon. It's been down for a few years.

Bought this setup in the early nineties. 200 watt stereo power amp and 4 50 watt Celestians in the 2 cabinets. She's got a pretty good bark to her. I call it "The Rig".

rig_zps1db9nrku.jpg~original

Cleaned up the Ibanez the other night and noticed it was getting a little worn so good time to get another one. (just one of many justifications for this purchase)...:21:

Nice G Chad! Got any pinstripers near you? That Army green is crying out for some pinstripes... nice "Rig" too!

Here's my dual amp setup for now. Vintage Teisco Checkmate on the left handles loops and drumtracks from the Line6 JM4 looper and the Jet King on the right pushes another Teisco cabinet on the bottom loaded with a 15" and it handles live guitar and loops from the TC Ditto2...
The board also features a Digitech Timebender for two octave up reverse echos and a Mr.Black Supermoon for deep warped reverb.

Carl.

Traded an Aria Pro II Fullerton for this Goya basketcase...
Comparable guitars but this one is beat. Got it on the bench in the garage being chemically stripped... Can't work on the MBBO yet so I'm rebuilding a guitar.

Carl.

Got a coupon from Guitar Center which is close to the house so took a look around and before you knew it I was walking out the door with this.

jackson_zpsyczxxtw7.jpg~original

I've got a new effects processor coming in the mail so I should be able to play her through my amp soon. It's been down for a few years.

Bought this setup in the early nineties. 200 watt stereo power amp and 4 50 watt Celestians in the 2 cabinets. She's got a pretty good bark to her. I call it "The Rig".

rig_zps1db9nrku.jpg~original

Cleaned up the Ibanez the other night and noticed it was getting a little worn so good time to get another one. (just one of many justifications for this purchase)...:21:
Gotta love a Jackson!

Nice G Chad! Got any pinstripers near you? That Army green is crying out for some pinstripes... nice "Rig" too!

Thanks Carl....I'm sure I'll personalize it somehow evenetually. I'd like to distress it and make it look like it's been beat on a little but for now I'm enjoying the newness.

Here's my dual amp setup for now. Vintage Teisco Checkmate on the left handles loops and drumtracks from the Line6 JM4 looper and the Jet King on the right pushes another Teisco cabinet on the bottom loaded with a 15" and it handles live guitar and loops from the TC Ditto2...
The board also features a Digitech Timebender for two octave up reverse echos and a Mr.Black Supermoon for deep warped reverb.

Wow look at all those pedals! I'm terrible with the gear. I've just got a ZOOM G3 because I know I can get a decent sound out of one. It's got a drum machine and a looper I may have to experiment with.

Gotta love a Jackson!

It's pretty sweet especially for a mid-levelish guitar. Cost me $679 with the coupon. This is my first new electric since I got my Ibanez RG 550 in 1990.

The real deal Floyd Rose bridge is a lot better than a licensed one too.
Needs strings pretty bad which I'll do next week when I get a day off.

Distress... always a topic to drive folks nuts. Me, I like a guitar that's had the finish worn off. I have a 74' Tele that has bare wood showing in a few places but it's smooth not chewed or knicked up. The so called faux painted relic jobs look like crud and I've yet to see a relic job I like when they abuse the body with chips and dents. It's just not the same as what time can do. My Grampa bought that Tele new and wore the finish off playin' it...

Carl.

Distress... always a topic to drive folks nuts. Me, I like a guitar that's had the finish worn off. I have a 74' Tele that has bare wood showing in a few places but it's smooth not chewed or knicked up. The so called faux painted relic jobs look like crud and I've yet to see a relic job I like when they abuse the body with chips and dents. It's just not the same as what time can do. My Grampa bought that Tele new and wore the finish off playin' it...I agree, not a fan of relics....the never get the wear sports correct.

Carl.

Sweet little ALL ORIGINAL 69' Univibe I was testing for a local shop.

Nothing else sounds like it.
Should be going up on Reverb soon for somewhere around $1200.00

Carl.

Finally got my rig working again. While I'm much to lazy to make a good video making 2 crap ones is pretty easy.. :21:

I didn't have any flange/phase or chorus on that. The effect all cam from recording it with my laptop.

Here is one taken with my camera.

Same settings as the other vid. Camera mic does no justice to the 4 throttled up 12" Celestian speakers. :43:

What kind of bikes are they? They even have the F hole cut in and using a Strat head (of course). Wonder what they sound like? I've seen players stick a cigarettes in between the tuning head strings to hold them but a cup holder for the presumed beer? Wow, that's thinking ahead

So, I help this guy out on a fairly big project...no big deal as I have tons of experience and he...well...naff said. Anyways, we talk about music and I give him a brief summary (ha, brief) about my love for music, guitars (and of course bikes). Next day he brings me these two treasures, a Peavy 8 channel amp/mixer and an 18 inch speaker in a smoking cool cab...HA! He won't take a dime for any of it, says my help was more valuable...say what? I gotta get to talk to my wife☺

20160203_180052.jpg

Last edited:
4b61a999dd97c68f386b813e5467493c.jpg

Squier w/ Hwy One pickups & a funky pick guard...bought the guitar from a starving college student for $50 and swapped out the stock guard and pickups... decked the bridge and am running single tone and volume pots with custom wiring featuring all 3 pups on in the middle position.

Carl.

sent from my banana phone...

Last edited:
I'm diggin' the old Univox...is it all there?

Carl.

Everything except the whammy bar. Neck is straight, some nicks and dings, pots are a bit loose and I'm sure the electronics need to be gone thru but overall it's a solid guitar and very much worth servicing to bring back to a player...have a few too many current projects to spend any time or $$ on it at the moment...I'll get to it!

4b61a999dd97c68f386b813e5467493c.jpg

Squier w/ Hwy One pickups & a funky pick guard...bought the guitar from a starving college student for $50 and swapped out the stock guard and pickups... decked the bridge and am running single tone and volume pots with custom wiring featuring all 3 pups on in the middle position.

Carl.

Ya know, these Squires my be low-end but I have an older one that is a fairly sweet player.

They're like old Chevy's, and swapping parts out isn't the trauma that hacking up an American Fender is... since I'm going to tweak it to my specs anyway.

Ya know, these Squires my be low-end but I have an older one that is a fairly sweet player.

In fact, I hotrod Fenders for my affluent friends, they give me their pups, and I build myself Squiers that kick butt.

Carl.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back