Guitar Players: Show us yours!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@rusty flyer that is a cool thing to be able to do. Someday I'll build an acoustic...Did you make your own jigs? A nice indoor shop for luthiery is on my list when I get moved... for now I just build/rebuild electrics, but I've done some acoustic repairs.

Carl.

Thanks Carl!

Yes I built all the jigs and table. The good thing is they can be re-used for future guitars as long as they are the same shape. I have about 80 hours in the jigs, The guitar took about 200 over the course of about a year.

Good luck on your luthier shop..... I say go for for it, It's really cool to play an instrument that you made yourself. :happy:

Thanks Carl!

Yes I built all the jigs and table. The good thing is they can be re-used for future guitars as long as they are the same shape. I have about 80 hours in the jigs, The guitar took about 200 over the course of about a year.

Good luck on your luthier shop..... I say go for for it, It's really cool to play an instrument that you made yourself. :happy:
I agree. I play in a praise band, and my #1 is a Telecaster style I built from various parts and sources. My son gave me the maple capped Paulownia body for Christmas a few yrs ago. It's also the lightest guitar of about 30 I own.

Carl.

sent from a banana phone...

Good for you sharing your talents in the praise band!!! I did that for about five years til I move to a different city. I used and still have a Taylor 710 CE cause I could plug into the house system.

I did several solos at church on the classical and we miked it for those. Strictly instrumentals cause I'm not a vocalist. I did however support several vocal solos.

Right on light weight makes for better energy transfer and resonance. I forget the weight of my classical but other guitarists always comment how light it is when they hold it.

Play on bro :thumbsup:

NGD Michael Kelly FEJE
KIMG0422.JPG
KIMG0423.JPG

There's a hole in the side!
Now I can hear what they're hearin'...

Carl.

Wow hadn't seen that one yet Carl. Just got me a new axe at the Music Go Round. Nice little amp too. Getting the itch to play out somewhere.

20170214_161555[1].jpg

Traded my 1990 Chet Atkins in.

It's a pretty sweet sounding rig. Cordoba F55 + Fender Acoustasonic 30.

cdba2.jpg

Fancy tuners..:)

cdba.jpg

Wow hadn't seen that one yet Carl. Just got me a new axe at the Music Go Round. Nice little amp too. Getting the itch to play out somewhere.

View attachment 45945

Traded my 1990 Chet Atkins in.

It's a pretty sweet sounding rig. Cordoba F55 + Fender Acoustasonic 30.

View attachment 45946

Fancy tuners..:)

View attachment 45947
Cool. Used to be a music go round north of me a bit. I miss that place. I used to pick rat guitars to rebuild from there. Got a few used pedals too.

[emoji450][emoji450][emoji450]

sent from a banana phone...

Just picked up this Schecter Acoustic Diamond Series with case for $50.00 at a tag sale over the weekend. Plays and so do great.......such a deal
Hey man... No pics and it didn't happen...

Carl.

I have this GOYA that I rebuilt for sale at a local guitar shop...may hit Reverb with it soon.
KIMG0714.JPG

micro switch is a coil tap for the neck pup and the lead tone is a pull up power booster I built and wired in.

Carl.

Latest package to arrive today wasn't a bike...
IMG_20170728_193945_486[1].jpg

I have my Grandfathers 74' Telecaster deluxe that 20 some years ago I changed the pickguard to leopard skin. (the only thing I've ever done to it) Recently I had a bud give me a Strat neck from a MIM. So I'm going to put the original black pickguard back on Grampa's axe returning it to worn survivor status and I'm building a modded Deluxe with this body, the strat neck (Deluxes have strat neck pockets) and the leopard guard. It should be radical with my booster circuit on one push pull and coil taps on another. I'm looking at Wide Range alnico II pickups as the original cunife magnet pickups aren't available except from Telenator, and I don't have that kinda money.

stay tuned ...
Carl.

Not a guitar but a guitar related thing...
I have a new part time job, at the local music store.
I'm doing setups and electronic repairs on guitars. I've actually been at it for a couple of weeks and have had some cool guitars on my bench. An American Strat, Gibson Les Paul and an Ibanez with a Floyd Rose on it among others. I've also had the opportunity to do some truss and bridge work on a Baby Taylor, but mostly I work on the electric guitars. I've been collecting wiring diagrams since before the internet, and I do custom switching schemes too. We're hoping to be able to expand the custom shop there. I've done work for a few guys who play guitar in local bands, I hoping the word will spread.

Guitarl Carl.

Since this thread is here, I thought I'd show off a guitar that my 15 year old son and I made by hand. From a big piece of maple, some Amazon purchased electronics, and a neck we bought on CL, we ended up with this beautiful (well, ugly, but intentionally so) Flying V style guitar that we call the "Raw V." Basically, he wanted a guitar that looked like the only music that it was capable of playing was metal. Finished in boiled linseed oil, I officially present to you, the Raw V!
IMG_5943.JPG

IMG_5946.JPG

IMG_5948.JPG

IMG_5954.JPG

IMG_5955.JPG

Latest eBay find...
Built between 67' and 70' in Japan.
462391e5a840ec908556d96b1fdadfb3.jpg

0c8ddb80ad570e2110196d1eeb325d22.jpg

Came with the vibrato. Which I promptly swapped out. It's not a very good whammy, I opted for tuning stability, pickups sound good though, especially for a guitar close to 50 years old.

Carl.

Latest eBay find...
Built between 67' and 70' in Japan.
462391e5a840ec908556d96b1fdadfb3.jpg

0c8ddb80ad570e2110196d1eeb325d22.jpg

Came with the vibrato. Which I promptly swapped out. It's not a very good whammy, I opted for tuning stability, pickups sound good though, especially for a guitar close to 50 years old.

Carl.
:cool2: You don't see that every day. :grin:
Hope you stashed that detuner someplace safe.

Here's my latest. Swapped the rusty noodles for some fresh some flatwounds and tickled the saddles, looked at the truss, plays like twice the price. :dance2:

DSCN0126.JPG

Finished the Tele Deluxe too.
IMG_20171105_120616_143.jpg

Played Spirit in the Sky on it
in church today for All Saints Day

Carl.

Not a guitar but a guitar related thing...
I have a new part time job, at the local music store.
I'm doing setups and electronic repairs on guitars. I've actually been at it for a couple of weeks and have had some cool guitars on my bench. An American Strat, Gibson Les Paul and an Ibanez with a Floyd Rose on it among others. I've also had the opportunity to do some truss and bridge work on a Baby Taylor, but mostly I work on the electric guitars. I've been collecting wiring diagrams since before the internet, and I do custom switching schemes too. We're hoping to be able to expand the custom shop there. I've done work for a few guys who play guitar in local bands, I hoping the word will spread.

Guitarl Carl.
Good luck on your 'new' venture Carl. Repairing instruments and bringing them back to life has been one of my most rewarding experiences in life!

@Chad T , dang man, did I know you were a guitar player too? I know you have at least one other 'classical' stringed musical inst in your house; not sure I knew about the guitar playing though?!?

Latest posts

Back