Guitar Players: Show us yours!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
14309600827011596622874.jpg
ok, I finally broke down and paid to get a Pro membership just so I can post photos of all my treasures. This is my heard...still want a Ric 360 and a Les Paul. I don't play but as stated earlier I front 2 rock bands and goof around with an acoustic group. Like my bikes, I simply consider them art.
Thanks for letting me share
Barto

A few I've made and not shown a Vox 1965 Wildcat fat single cutaway hollow body that Rick Neilson sold me when he worked at his parents Music store in Rockford Il. Also some of my hand wound pickups I am making.
OHJLT8.jpg
8tNIO6.jpg
ThOIey.jpg
OosDSy.jpg
ItqU27.jpg
wkMlV8.jpg
FmAjdL.jpg
A few I've made and not shown a Vox 1965 Wildcat fat single cutaway hollow body that Rick Neilson sold me when he worked at his parents Music store in Rockford Il. Also some of my hand wound pickups I am making.
OHJLT8.jpg
8tNIO6.jpg
ThOIey.jpg
OosDSy.jpg
ItqU27.jpg
wkMlV8.jpg
FmAjdL.jpg
XC204, I'll be in Rockford next week, where was the music store? I really like this city and traveled there several times over the years. They have a great antique mall there and some nice restaurants....Brio's, Kuma's and the former Maria's

Bartos it was on 7th street and about 3rd ave on the east side of the street. Rick still lives in Rkfd. High up on a hill over looking the Rock River neat Auburn and North 2nd st.there were 2 music stores on 7th. In the 60s and up until the 80s I think. I used to soda jerk at Ekstroms on 7th and 6th ave when I was in high school. I had good street cred from working there we sold cigars, racing forms, had pinball and pool and a soda fountain bets were occasionally run into the track but people thought we were mob connected! It was kinda rough then and ocasionally my boss would grab his little 25 auto stick it in his belt an throw me a pool cue butt end. We never had to use them though.

Bartos it was on 7th street and about 3rd ave on the east side of the street. Rick still lives in Rkfd. High up on a hill over looking the Rock River neat Auburn and North 2nd st.there were 2 music stores on 7th. In the 60s and up until the 80s I think. I used to soda jerk at Ekstroms on 7th and 6th ave when I was in high school. I had good street cred from working there we sold cigars, racing forms, had pinball and pool and a soda fountain bets were occasionally run into the track but people thought we were mob connected! It was kinda rough then and ocasionally my boss would grab his little 25 auto stick it in his belt an throw me a pool cue butt end. We never had to use them though.
Wow, quite an upbringing....kinda cool memories though. I can still see that in the RFD of today but things are getting revamped. I knew Rick still lived in town and have been told you will at times see him around. Very cool that he kept his roots. Thanks for the note...I'll be looking around for remnants of your old stomping grounds next week.

Early 60's SG deluxe... I believe...

I've had this guitar forever (79') When I got it the neck had been broken out of the body and it had been stripped, the only thing it had goin' for it was original P90 pickups... it's been a test bed for so many wiring schemes, refinished a half dozen times, it's also been routed out for 3 humbuckers and an "atari punk console" which was kind of like a light activated theremin. After 35 yrs of hacking and rebuilding it was ready for the dustbin. Instead, I filled all the old routes in with Durham's water putty, and started the cladding. One of the og pups died, although I may try to resurrect it now that I know a little more... meanwhile it has a Seymour Duncan P90 in the bridge. I'm still tweaking the wiring, right now it has bass and treble cuts in place of the standard tone controls.

Carl.

Last edited:
Early 60's SG jr... I believe...

I've had this guitar forever (79') When I got it the neck had been broken out of the body and it had been stripped, the only thing it had goin' for it was original P90 pickups... it's been a test bed for so many wiring schemes, refinished a half dozen times, it's also been routed out for 3 humbuckers and an "atari punk console" which was kind of like a light activated theremin. After 35 yrs of hacking and rebuilding it was ready for the dustbin. Instead, I filled all the old routes in with Durham's water putty, and started the cladding. One of the og pups died, although I may try to resurrect it now that I know a little more... meanwhile it has a Seymour Duncan P90 in the bridge. I'm still tweaking the wiring, right now it has bass and treble cuts in place of the standard tone controls.

Carl.
Very cool, love the Jack of spades and copper

I've also got some Tele styles...

L to R:
GFS paulownia body and an unknown neck strung as a 10 string,
Squier Affinity body heavily modded and an Alvarez neck,
1974 Fender Telecaster Deluxe (discontinued WD pickguard)
GFS Paulownia body maple capped and a Squier neck,
75' Electra Rock n' Soul
and on the sofa- Jerry Can teletanker. :banana:

Carl.

Just got thsee guitar photos today...free...yeah baby

Attachments

• 20150624_192634.jpg
    20150624_192634.jpg
    188 KB · Views: 265
  • 20150624_192549.jpg
    20150624_192549.jpg
    190.6 KB · Views: 275
Nice, love the display...as I said about my stuff...they are art....played or not! Guess my wife should be glad I don't feel this way about drums;-)

Diggin' that lefty Strat Carl.

Bought me a new guitar a couple months ago. It's a copy of an 1856 Torres classical. Handmade in California from all solid woods. It's called a Cordoba Master Series Torres. Classical guitars all kind of look the same but she sure sounds good.

Here's a vid with no added reverb or anything. Just straight into my laptop. Piece is called Granada by Isaac Albinez. Thought it was ironic I was playing Granada on a Cordoba.

Don't worry if you get bored I botch the ending anyways.:p

Haha, that's cool. My sister has my Angelina, it's an electrified classical with a cutaway, I miss it even though I mostly play electric.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back