Guitar Players: Show us yours!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sensor said:
bass002.jpg

That Ventura looks more like a Gretsch-lawsuitmodel than a Gibson to me... I always thought you were a Gretschplayer when I came across your avatar... How does it play/sound? I'd like to see more of that 'Vigsby'-tailpiece...

My latest project, trying to learn to play but patience is not one of my virtues.
1967 Teisco Heit Deluxe (Tokyo Electronic Instrument and Sound Company)
0012.jpg

There's just something about those old teiscos thats' cool. I'd like to get another playable one sometime, I have mine set up as a slide axe and I fitted a humbucker. I wanna get the original single coil rewound and use it on some other project.

jonvo4591 said:
There's just something about those old teiscos thats' cool. I'd like to get another playable one sometime, I have mine set up as a slide axe and I fitted a humbucker. I wanna get the original single coil rewound and use it on some other project.

Yeah it's got a really great sound to it, Great "not too heavy, not too light" feel to it, and looks great. I ended up scoring mine at the local flea market as a project for $20, only things wrong with it were one knob was missing See my red dice on it?, strings, and a few tuners. No biggie.

Some really nice axes in this thread! I guess I have to throw mine in, too...

Current setup is:
Squier Venus (limited production run)
Fender Ultimate Chorus amp
Peavey Addverb 3 rack unit
Boss tuner and acoustic sim pedal
Art X-15 midi pedal
Dunlop Crybaby wah

guitarsetup.jpg

Not in this picture:
Ovation acoustic
PC-based live looping setup (using a program called SooperLooper, works like an Echoplex)
Fender Acoustasonic amp
In progress: home-built midi pedal for the looping station

And various other bits and pieces, mics, a bass, saxophones, etc.

jonvo4591 said:
I love that squire right there! It's got a kind of surfy grunge vibe going on. What kind of music do you play?

Thanks! I play a little bit of everything, some rock, lots of blues, funk, I even play it at church on Sundays every now and then (instead of my acoustic). It's got a nice mellow sound, and the chorus amp just sounds great for smooth stuff. I will seriously play along with anything I listen to... reggae, punk, rock, worship music, I don't care. I just love playing.

yes sir, that's how I like it too. Although, I won't necessarily listen to everything, I do enjoy playing different styles of music, also including church music for me ;)

I like playing mostly rock, oldschool rock, and metal. Anything from Metallica, Scorpions, KISS, Accept, Dokken, Dio, AC/DC, just to get you started.

That sounds like fun. I primarily play classic rock, new school rock, not much metal as its beyond my skills. I suppose I could do rhythm metal guitar. but among that, probably my favorite style of music is blues rock. Think Led Zeppelin (they're my fave :mrgreen: )

i got a few bass guitars :)
IMG_6658.jpg

left to right top to bottom
epiphone les paul,60's mann les paul (real nice copy) fender mb4 (1991-japan)mystery bass and a 60's vanatage prototype

harmony tenor guitar,gibson banjo couple hand made spanish guitars (50's)

us fender jag,lado medallion (same canadian company that but the unicorn into steve harris's hands-iron maiden) ibanez musician (80's)another vantage, my custom spine musicmaster (fender neck/electronic's) and the mann semi acoustic.

i also have a couple old short scale musicmaster (fender) and a godin semi.
IMG_6558.jpg

Thats an impressive lot you've got there! Now if I may suggest it, you need to have a neck made for the spine bass in the shape of a skull. maybe tuners on the side of his face to look like ears or something, that would be great.

Forgot about this thread untill I spotted Cobrafreaks guitars, but I would love to play & hear the sound of that lado medallion! Some collection you got there, makes me feel like a kid in a toystore 8)

Some guitars I've acquired over the years...
2006 Gibson SG Special Ebony with a Bill Lawrence l500xl in the bridge and a Gibson 57 classic in the neck...
sg007.jpg

guitarshit004.jpg

2004 Gibson Voodoo SG stock...
prophets.jpg

Epiphone faded brown SG...
sg2004.jpg

ESP/LTD Viper 400...
mcguffys.jpg

Another Epiphone SG from 1995 I think...
prophets3-1.jpg

I guess you can say I like SG's!

Geez! someone's an SG fan!

I don't blame you one bit because every SG I've played I wanted to take home. I clearly remember one like it was yesterday. It was at guitar center, a Gibson who knows what SG, it had P90's and it played amazingly, I went back a while later and someone else must have thought the same thing because it was gone! I have room on my guitar stand for 1 more.... who knows what that could be.......

Rustinkerer said:
Herr, that Tele is gonna be SWEET! Guess I'll have to pull my axes out for a photo session this weekend! -Adam
Or wait several months! Starting with my latest, in bass boat sparkly green and white pearly goodness:
ItaliaModena2.jpg

ItaliaModena1.jpg

DiPintoGalaxie4.jpg

BCRMockingbird.jpg

EpiSGflame.jpg

ripper1.jpg

Kimberley4pup.jpg

CRIM0003.jpg

8) -Adam

Latest posts

Back