GT Pro Performer 26

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have one? I'm on the fence. Looking to get one of these or a Big Ripper. I'm 6'1 245... will I be able to cruise comfortably on a 26 inch BMX?

Nothing serious, just cruise with my daughter and maybe pull her in the little trailer for a while.

I don't have one of those - but I do have a couple of big wheel BMXs. I'm 6'5" and have made them quite comfortable. Add a lay back seat post and taller BMX (up to 10") handlebars and job done.

I'm 6'2" ~195lbs...was up to 270lbs. I have 20", 24", 26", and 29" bmx bikes. I'm comfy on all the 24"+ bikes... it just takes the right combo of components (seats & posts, stem, bars, etc).

I prefer my 29"ers the best because the scale puts me back to my 13yo self :bigsmile:.

The pro performer is probably a pretty good choice now that they are chromoly.

Jason

I wanted to buy one off a guy a couple months ago with a broken rear hub. I like the look but haven't ridden one yet.

Anybody have one? I'm on the fence. Looking to get one of these or a Big Ripper. I'm 6'1 245... will I be able to cruise comfortably on a 26 inch BMX?

Nothing serious, just cruise with my daughter and maybe pull her in the little trailer for a while.
I'm not a big guy by any means but have a few LARGE frame size friends who love to ride like they are still kids. One of them bought a big ripper29 and absolutely loves it. Only bike as an adult that he didn't have to mess with to make it fit him, good to go straight out of the box

Sent from my LG-K121 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the opinions guys... went with the Big Ripper. I liked the size better.

Also, about 3 days after I ordered it saw that the Performer was coming with a 29er option for 2018.

Don't need 2, but it's possible!

Latest posts

Back