GT Outpost All Terra

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I really like the Triple Triangle frame on the GT's, so I picked this one up on CL for $60. Probably too much considering it's the end of the season and it has to be fixed up a bit, but everything else on CL in my area is even more overpriced and I wanted something to work on.

It's a scratched up a little bit, but not too bad, the color is still vibrant. I had a hard time adjusting the center pull brakes, but they came out fine. The thumb shifters work great too. I took off the reflectors because they were bent. Both wheels need to be trued, which I've never done before. Once it's done should be a nice ride and will sell it next spring if it doesn't sell this month. I think it would look amazing with some yellow tires, but I don't want to put too much $$$ into it.

2vv49dt.jpg

tin machine said:
hey brother i am with you gt bikes got me into bikes period , building gt mtbs started it all for me !! 8)

Yeah, I usually don't pick up mountain bikes off Craigslist because they don't sell as well as far as I'm aware of, and people want way too much $$$ for 'em. But I love the triple triangle frame, and I know GT is/was a well known brand, especially during the 90's. I'm not sure if I overpaid for it though, considering I have to figure out how to true the wheels. What's a bike like this worth? I couldn't find the exact model on eBay.

I'd say you didn't do too horrible, I paid $50 for my diamondback mountain bike, and I've sold a few for $100 if its in the summer. Most bike shops around here true wheels for $15 each or if you're like me and work on bikes all the time get a truing stand and go to town.

nice bike and learning how to true rims is one of the best things you can learn how to do. I use the rear off a full suspicion mtn bike as a trueing stand until I can afford a real stand

I thought I would just flip the bike on its seat and bars and work from there. I just need to pick up a spoke wrench.

Nice find.$60 ain't to bad a price! I just love the GT's, and that one is in great shape. The paint jobs back then are much nicer than whats on them these days, to many GT decals now days.

Latest posts

Back