GT Dyno cruiser build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So while we are on the subject of cranks. What about width? I'm not taking about bottom bracket width but between the pedals. Are all the ashtabula cranks the same? I'm thinking not but I really don't know.
As far as that goes....
The lower end stuff such as the Diamond back cranks pictured are made for big American bottom brackets. I have a set of the diamonds on my motorized....
The higher end I run as wide a spindle possible. With Profiles I want the splines completely buried into the crank arm, so snuggling them up you run out of stack height and have .010ish slop... best have an experienced wrench set up sealed bottom brackets.
20200818_092604.jpg

My bars came in today

I can't show you all yet, waiting for my intern seat to show up first. I will say that I am very happy with what I found.

Suitable shifter found! Here's where I'm at with the Dyno now. Still not finished though, waiting for more parts, it's getting closer though.

Definitely has been fun putting this together so far. Really it's been a stress reliever,
KIMG0181.JPG
at least when I wasn't screwing things up! First initial ride I forgot to put the master link together, yeah I did that sheesh. That's not even the worst, I finally got parts to put the rear brakes together and got it all on there cable routed nice adjusted up and took off, forgot to bolt the drum brakes to the frame! Wrapped that cable up around the wheel. Yep I did that too, sheesh I am losing it I think. Really though I just listed my house for sale and been under a lot of stress so I'm just glad that is the worst I did!

Riding nice so far! Really happy with it. Going for a ride right now.
KIMG0181.JPG
KIMG0184.JPG

Think I may be finding a shifter like that one for my 3 speeder Dyno!!! Looks awesome there!

I had the reaction arm bolt on a roller brake gotten loose and at one point the nut came off, then the bolt as well. I pulled the rear brake and there was a loud bang and the wheel locked up! Luckily I had tools with me (I always do) and cut the cable, centered the wheel in the dropouts and was able to continue. (I have a front disk brake on that bike)
It wasn't that bad though - the reaction arm was bent, but I managed to straighten it and the frame was scratched, but held (Felt).

Latest posts

Back