Green Sears Spyder

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I re worked this bike last spring for my daughters 12th birthday. It's a Sears Spyder with 24 inch wheels. I wish I had taken some before shots because it was caked with extra layers of paint and rust. I got it in a trade with a member here. Traded a chain guard for a whole bike. That's the shape it was in. After it hung in the garage for a few years my oldest out grew her 20 inch bike. My youngest helped me secretly re do the bike for here sisters birthday. I stripped it bare and painted with lime green (her favorite color). Trashed the old wheels. The shifter and the brakes were a real chore to clean up. Located the chain guard here. to finish it off. Still need to get the lights working.
IMG_1866.jpg

IMG_1888.jpg

IMG_1890.jpg

It still shifts and rolls real nice. She is so happy with it. I'm glad I took on the project. Now I have to start A custom 20 inch for my youngest. No banana seats for her. she likes BMX.
IMG_1892.jpg

That REALLY turned out slick!!!
Love it!

Got a purple myself, now to just find the guard to a 24" 1969 :39:

That is an incredible shade of green! Your prowess is something to admire and consider a goal for personal skill.
It's a great looking rider, hope she still digs it!

Latest posts

Back