Greaser/Socia Gang Fight Build off

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was watching the Outsiders last night and the gang fight gave me a thought for a build off. The greasers in the movie are naturally huddled around an old flat black rat and the Socia's pull up in shiny drop top sleds and muscle cars.
What if we did a build off where we split up into teams. One team builds Greaser bikes (not much of a stretch on this forum) and the other team builds some shinier pretty type rides( my thought would be skinny tire diamond frame w/ nice chrome and a pretty paint job or maybe a muscle bike or two but it should be completely open to interpretation). So what y'all think?

so you want some customs? more like lowriders and stuff? just to clarify. i never saw the movie.. :roll: haha but im interesed in the idea

I like this idea, the rat rods vs the trailer queens sorta kinda. Even though the name on the door says Rat Rods ... Im a shiny paint and straight fenders sort off guy :mrgreen:

I'm not talking lowriders per se, but as I said let's leave it open to interpretation. If that's your interpretation than cool go for it.

Let's see how much interest it garners. We could split it up a few different ways.

1) let everyone choose which way they would prefer to go. We may end up a bit greaser heavy though
2) split it up geographically. This would follow the movie idea a little more w/ the rich Socia's on the north side and the Poor Greasers on the south
3) If and when we have enough people interested vote on team captains or if you prefer gang leaders and let them choose teams a-b-a-b like a p/u baseball game.

i want to be a jet! oh wait......wrong movie :p
karfer and i were talking about how itd be cool to do team build offs a few years ago. sounds like a good idea but youve gotta remember rattle can paint is a few hundred less than a real paint job and alot here wont spend $100+ just for paint

See...............................
Picture008.jpg

I need a pic of me riding it in my leather jacket.
Its got ape hangers now :) :x

I can go either way. I've got about 50/50 rats and beauties, as far as actual finished bikes But I'm afraid that the biggest project on my plate right now won't fit into either group. I do love Outsiders though.

I've got a Rollfast Mustang I could easily "grease" up. I'll name it "Pony Boy". I'll do it whether there's a build off or not.

Latest posts

Back