Gravity racer - Calling all daredevils!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good to hear yer gonna build one, i thought maybe you were one of the 'old timers' that used to post on the gravitybike.com site. i didnt get to ride this summer, i even finished a new bike and aint got it up to speed yet, but ill remedy that next summer for sure! lookin forward to seen yer build!
fast eddie

Not me. There was another guy that my friends and I rode with a few times from San Jose too. He was kinda known in The GB scene. Gonzo or some thing like that, i'm not a 100% on that. I can't remember. We all have drama in our life's. It will pass and you will be riding again. keep your head up and stay strong.I went threw the same thing a few years ago. Now I can't stop building. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

here is where i stopped at for now. it's been like this for a month or two, but i meant to add another speed result when i posted it

g-bike001-9.jpg

the front wheel is a spin carbon mag i got off ebay. the rear wheel has a small crack so the set went cheap. the tire is a kenda rated at 100psi. i found out later though it's not good to try and get a spin up that high, to max out around 80psi. still should be better than before though. one good thing, someone on another forum has mentioned making a disc brake adapter for a spin, so if i got more serious or just have the extra cash if/when he does it, i can put on better brakes.

the rear is a wheel from an x-games bike. the bike i got the swing arm from for the other g-bike i made (the poseur). it came with a disc brake so no adapter needed. i can have front and rear discs maybe. the tire is a hoffman rated at over 100psi. the wheel disc were part of some close out off ebay. i got a couple sets together for not too much.

one problem i gave myself is i didn't want to mess with the spin rim trying to get my speedo sensor on it, so i tried to extend the leads to reach the rear wheel and messed up somehow. the speedo doesn't work. that's why i never got another time. maybe by next spring i can fix or replace it.

at first, even though i wasn't seriously thinking of starting g-bike competitions, i still tried to follow the rules that were posted fron that competition web site, but since they're not around any more, i may look for one of those pocketbike fairings. i like how that was done.

so that's mine for now. i don't know what more might happen with it, but i plan to keep it for now. maybe next spring i'll play with it more.

wow you got alot of work in that! it looks killer, good job. id like to put a fairing on my bike at some point, ive never done any fiberglass work but it's a time issue as always, im also one of those who has a garage ful of unfinished projects so im trying to concentrate on getting them done and NOT bringing in any new projects!
fast eddie

This is one of the coolest threads I have read in a while. I was just given an Eastern Jane, Hutch Trickstar with cracked seatpost tube and an old Raleigh Sprite Mixtie that I was gonna use for parts on some other builds. Keep this thread alive very cool. I live in N GA and we got some hills, I have hit 47mph in the gnar gnar on a long travel trail bike, the pavement has always been my nemesis ( hate cars ) but I want to use up some of the parts that are current cobbweb condos.

Currently working on a 52 Schwinn for a show coming up in Feb. Blueing the frame, taking all my free time. I will get some mock ups soon though. I sent you a FB friend request,(JW) profile pic dirt jumpin) the cover of the BMX action mag you have, I have the same pink trickstar that's on it. Not sure what frame I will use yet, I like the mixte idea for wheel base but have a few other's I may consider.

jdubbya said:
Currently working on a 52 Schwinn for a show coming up in Feb. Blueing the frame, taking all my free time. I will get some mock ups soon though. I sent you a FB friend request,(JW) profile pic dirt jumpin) the cover of the BMX action mag you have, I have the same pink trickstar that's on it. Not sure what frame I will use yet, I like the mixte idea for wheel base but have a few other's I may consider.
I too like the mixte frame. I need to find one. I like how long and low they are. If you cut down the seat tube and seat stays, I feel they are perfect. When you are as low to the ground as these bikes are, 45mph feels like 90mph. Love it! Keep up the work and like you said, lets keep this thred going. Blue 8)

You guys are killing me. . . i want one so bad.
So, I thought I would spend a couple of hours at my shop, cut up an old bike and...there you go.
I have not tested it out yet yet, still more work to do.
I am not thinking about high speeds, just some fun on a hill out at my property.

Be easy on a guy thats just having some fun ! ! !

Hmmmmm..... :roll:

I stumbled on this thread last fall (?, then lost it), and a U-Tube video of some mountain road runnin'; got me thinkin', and you know how it goes.......
My build pics were just posted by a friend in the Builds, 'Gcranks Flat Out Racing- Gravity Works for Me'. My basis was a Schwinn OCC; it aint up to these trick builds, but it is a hoot!
I dont have a clue how to move some over here :? ........so check it out over there......

OK..... :?
I can build and ride a G-Bike, but,
I dont know how to do those complete link thingies ya'll do for a click & go to get you over to my thread easy.
Here's a pic from early on, mods have been made since.

S1052016.jpg

gcrank1 said:
OK..... :?
I can build and ride a G-Bike, but,
I dont know how to do those complete link thingies ya'll do for a click & go to get you over to my thread easy.

Go to your thread
Highlight everything in the address bar
Copy
Come back to to this thread and post a reply
Paste

I'll pop this one up for you because your bike is so cool!
Here is the link you want
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=54109&p=514763#p514763

gcrank1 said:
Thanx Much K-Fish; I just tried it out on mine with a link to get people back to this one too and it looks like a go :D

Your welcome, but now I am stuck in an endless loop between the two threads. :shock:

3 pm ish today, Morph ran me an honest 45mph plus down a .5mi. drop :D . This is my 5th G-run with this bike, 7 total this year (or really ever other than kid-coastin).
If you want more detail see the link to my post above by Kingfish254.

Really want to do this but we don't really have any appropriate hills anywhere close :(. The biggest hill in town I can think of has 2 stop signs along the way so would be a bummer...or maybe something to tackle at 3am when no-one is up....anyone do this in the middle of the night?

Latest posts

Back