Gravel Grinder Green Motobike 1930

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m digging E1. Looks more ‘period’ for the bike, maybe with some ivory accents or even just plain
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s one my wife liked. It’s an old can i had, not sure if I can find more of it.
508dd3801c5fc0354b33b05f7499d539.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Although I am partial to metallic in greens and blues.

Surly's Moonlit Swamp is very subtle, sparkly, and calming. Would look good with a mix of black and silver/aluminum/chrome components.
FSKrampusGreen_web_m.jpg
Makes me feel good just looking at it.

Although I am partial to metallic in greens and blues.

Surly's Moonlit Swamp is very subtle, sparkly, and calming. Would look good with a mix of black and silver/aluminum/chrome components.View attachment 105799 Makes me feel good just looking at it.
I agree. The last to sample Picts show a metallic green and a hammered green. I like them both but I’d like a little darker shade similar to the hunter green in E1.

I really like what you've got started. That idea to use the wood clamps as a spreader is awesome. I needed a spreader just the other day and I've got a box full of those clamps. Then you went and picked green... Oh well I don't have to ride it :giggle:

Carl.

I really like what you've got started. That idea to use the wood clamps as a spreader is awesome. I needed a spreader just the other day and I've got a box full of those clamps. Then you went and picked green... Oh well I don't have to ride it :giggle:

Carl.
Thanks. Don’t whether to like this or not. I don’t really have a green rider. Paint is just temporary can always be changed.

It's only a little bicycle frame. Just a little green. Not like a whole car or truck. You can see right through most of it.

It's only a little bicycle frame. Just a little green. Not like a whole car or truck. You can see right through most of it.
We had a dark metallic green ‘73 AMC Hornet Sportabout. It was actually a great little car, even with it’s quirks.

We had a dark metallic green ‘73 AMC Hornet Sportabout. It was actually a great little car, even with it’s quirks.

HA! I had a Hornet that was 3 different colors of green AND you could see thru most of it... probably why I still dislike green vehicles of all kinds. :confused:

Carl.

Some of the best bikes are green. My Hardrock is so dark, most don't believe it ain't black. You can only see it's green in direct sunlight, or when it is wet.
Duck Norris in no way tolerates any funny talk regarding green.

"Papa was a rolling Stone in the sixties,
Loved green, just like Bill Bixby
Told me that my very best friend was a ten and a twenty
My pocket's never skinny"

Some of the best bikes are green. My Hardrock is so dark, most don't believe it ain't black. You can only see it's green in direct sunlight, or when it is wet.
Duck Norris in no way tolerates any funny talk regarding green.

"Papa was a rolling Stone in the sixties,
Loved green, just like Bill Bixby
Told me that my very best friend was a ten and a twenty
My pocket's never skinny"
Duck Norris???

Tore down the mock-up today. Next step involves stripping it down to bare metal. Someone has previously as the blue is one layer and thin at that. I’ll add a primer coat to prevent rust until good painting weather happens.

I did two striping processes today. The first got most of the blue off. The second cleaned up most of the residue. Eco friendly Stripper, steel wool, rags, wire detail brush, putty knife and neoprene gloves. Someone before me had cleaned off existing paint and brazed some dents in lieu of using bondo.
The frame had also been sanded with who knows what. There is some residue maroon red and black paint that I’m guessing would be original to the frame. The roughness may not look too good with gloss paint. I really don’t want to bondo it up to get it new smooth.
7ce991b74ecb1fe5db6241cf18741454.jpg
53c63118cf914cc87e2b6ff05cd90625.jpg
123204162272d4e1b1e4038b6ef1816e.jpg
d4325a43617849c5ce8815709615af89.jpg
1e92c79c5a266a893e235b637a0a90c9.jpg
1524840b2027f775bca93d1a4dd790d4.jpg

I’ll probably clean and sand a few spots and get a primer coat on the frame. Then I’ll do some test paint to see how things might look overall. It’s rough.

Wiped down, sanded with 400grit, wiped down with lacquer thinner, air dried frame. Then I gave it several coats of primer. The bumps and bruises show up now. It will have to do, not trying to restore it, just get it operable.
12cb2c7a9479e8a15e3f4da3284eca65.jpg
c635250db9ee149812d28c2faeb1cefc.jpg

Latest posts

Back