Gravel bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s a really rigid bike. It’s light for my standards but I believe everything is heavier than road stuff. Got knobby 700c tires. Less gears. I don’t think the geometry is road bike. But I can be wrong.
I was riding 20 miles on the old dirt tow path and it’s been trouble free. I did the nyc 5 boro bike tour on it and it was great. The pot holes are something else. The last 5 miles so many road bike guys were pinching tubes

Yah... It makes sense, but it does not. You like drop bars but you need to ride through snow is cool, but we are not used to it.
789608d1365704525-any-fat-bikes-dirt-drop-bars-fatpair.jpg

Then there is this...
15974829_1351235728231835_69517158194309532_o.jpg

I don't think those would work. I have some issues with my neck which requires me to be in a more upright position than I can get on drops.

If I may make a suggestion, try getting raising the dropbars further then you current have them. That will put you in a more upright position will allowing you to have the multiple hand positions that dropbars give you. Something like one of these stems. https://velo-orange.com/collections/stems/products/cigne-stem https://velo-orange.com/collections/stems/products/vo-happy-stem-31-8mm

Fixed gear Mongoose Beast with no brakes that is disguised as a Surly Moonlander.

Nice bike, a Rivendell is definitely on my list for bikes I'd like to own.

It took me a long time to track this one down and then a three-hour car ride to pick it up but its a lot of fun. This bike has super long chainstays and the 27.5 x 2.35 Big Ones which makes the ride like being a kid again. Definitely throw a leg over if you ever get a chance!

It took me a long time to track this one down and then a three-hour car ride to pick it up but its a lot of fun. This bike has super long chainstays and the 27.5 x 2.35 Big Ones which makes the ride like being a kid again. Definitely throw a leg over if you ever get a chance!

I respect the heck out of Grant Peterson even though I completely disagree with him on somethings (long chain stays at the top of that list). Those Rivendells are beautiful bikes though.

I'd love to ride one, especially before I plunk down that much cash. Maybe the next time I am in New Jersey ;)

Latest posts

Back