Got in an accident....

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So yesterdy I was driving in Eugene, OR signing the lease on the place I'm moving to next month(It has a garage! I'm stoked!) and then some idiot runs a stopsign and my car gets totalled. Then the driver's husband proceeds to threaten me nd call me names and call me a liar, and then they proceed to threaten the witnesses as well. Stupid people.... Anyways, I only carry liability insurance. They have no license and no insurance. Lame. Then i found out that for $4 a month i could have been having un/under-insured motorist protection, which would have given me $10000 to replace my car. Lame! Wish I had that... I urge everyone to get that added to their policies. It's cheap, and with all the tweakers/irresponsible driving, you can't afford not to... I'm fine. Sore neck, ankle and ribs, but I'll be fine.

Hey, Brig sorry to here about that hpoe you get to feeling better. Here in Ind. if they don't have insurance they can go to jail ( if the cop wants). So here what they do is crash and run, and no matter who is at fault the one with out insurance is to blame because it is against the law to drive without it.

So, since my car is totalled, I needed to find a new set of wheels. And I'm broke cuz I just put first last adn deposit down on our new house, but I still needed to get back to Washington from Oregon. My dad had a car he would sell me and let me make payments on, but if I was gonna spend $1400 on a car, this wouldn't be that car. Then my father-in-law offered me a minivan, which I wasn't too excited about. But it's free. So my options were a car I could buy but didn't really want, or a car I didn't really want but could have for free. So I opted for the MiniVan. Free is good. :mrgreen: Can we say new bicycle hauler? :mrgreen:

Sorry to hear about your car brah. All that matters is you are ok. As for the free van. That's karma coming back to ya. May not be the fastest sweetest ride but it beats kicking rocks.

My dad always told me poor riding was better than proud walking anyday. Glad your ok. File a lawsuit ..you will win and then get a judgement. Even if they dont have anything now ...someone may die and leave them something and they have to pay you off before they can get a clear title. Plus ya never know some people win the lotto and your part comes out first. :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:

Man, that bites- glad to hear you're ok though.

Down here in Floriduh the uninsured driver problem is HUGE. About half of the yahoos down here have zero insurance, and hit and runs are all too common. It infuriates me that these "Buy here pay here" insurance places give you an insurance card with $20.00 down- they know full well that they are never going to see those people again. The following year when it's time to renew their tags the losers simply go to a different buy here pay here place and get a new card.
It's because of uninsured dirtbags that I'm so terrified to take my Nova out.

RE: the minivan...free is always good, especialy when you can fit more bikes in there!

Latest posts

Back