Gold Digger Update: Finished 8/18

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been wanting to build a bike that matches the style of my 60's drag truck for a while. The plan is 60's drag bike/showcar style.....Lots of chrome,a rear slick and gold flake paint..... I'm starting out with this unknown cantilever middleweight frame.....
IMG_0897.jpg

Re: Gold Digger

... I wanna see the truck, Is there pics on the site? Im off searching haha

Alright so I finally got something done after waiting forever for some key parts. I decided I did not like the first frame I picked. It just didn't flow so I turned into a beach bike. Anyway I decided to use this crusty Murray Strato Flite I have....
IMG_0928.jpg

Check out the cool sticker someone slapped on the headtube.....I'm thinking about changing the name of the bike to the "Gold Grenade" :lol:
IMG_0930.jpg

I built the wheels today so I figured I'd do some test fitting.....Here it is in semi mock up mode....
IMG_0952.jpg

Hopefully I'll be able to get the minor frame mods done and have it ready for paint this week.....More later

Alright so I finally got my headset issues worked out and finished some fabrication
Here it is outside and mocked up......
IMG_0978.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

Drilled the dropouts.........
IMG_0980.jpg

Frenched Seat Post.......
IMG_0981.jpg

Lightened the seat frame.....

IMG_0982.jpg

Just a couple of more things to work out .........then paint.

Re: Gold Digger Update 8/12

very nice work there. i like the seat rails that is a neat touch. and no sensor your wrong my bike too has a welded in post so that makes three.

karfer67 said:
very nice work there. i like the seat rails that is a neat touch. and no sensor your wrong my bike too has a welded in post so that makes three.
yeah but that post was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before i ever saw yours(in person) and my eyes arent very good :wink:

ANOTHER KICK BUTT BIKE! JEEZE IDK HOW IM GONNA BE ABLE TO VOTE!!!

saw this bike in person yesterday and wow it is really something. i am worried lol mike you did real good on this one the color is stunning and the suttle mods keep you looking for other little details. very well done and i cant wait to see her done and i better get to take her for a spin!!

Latest posts

Back