Gold Digger Update: Finished 8/18

Mar 30, 2008
Sacramento,Ca
I've been wanting to build a bike that matches the style of my 60's drag truck for a while. The plan is 60's drag bike/showcar style.....Lots of chrome,a rear slick and gold flake paint..... I'm starting out with this unknown cantilever middleweight frame.....

Mar 30, 2008
Sacramento,Ca
Re: Gold Digger

Alright so I finally got something done after waiting forever for some key parts. I decided I did not like the first frame I picked. It just didn't flow so I turned into a beach bike. Anyway I decided to use this crusty Murray Strato Flite I have....

Check out the cool sticker someone slapped on the headtube.....I'm thinking about changing the name of the bike to the "Gold Grenade" :lol:

I built the wheels today so I figured I'd do some test fitting.....Here it is in semi mock up mode....

Hopefully I'll be able to get the minor frame mods done and have it ready for paint this week.....More later

Mar 30, 2008
Sacramento,Ca
Re: Gold Digger

Alright so I finally got my headset issues worked out and finished some fabrication
Here it is outside and mocked up......

Drilled the dropouts.........

Frenched Seat Post.......

Lightened the seat frame.....

Just a couple of more things to work out .........then paint.

Sep 27, 2007
sac. valley
www.facebook.com
Re: Gold Digger Update 8/12

karfer67 said:
very nice work there. i like the seat rails that is a neat touch. and no sensor your wrong my bike too has a welded in post so that makes three.
yeah but that post was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay before i ever saw yours(in person) and my eyes arent very good :wink:

Nov 30, 2006
sacramento, ca
collegecyclery.biz
Re: Gold Digger Update 8/12

saw this bike in person yesterday and wow it is really something. i am worried lol mike you did real good on this one the color is stunning and the suttle mods keep you looking for other little details. very well done and i cant wait to see her done and i better get to take her for a spin!!