Godzilla

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Godzilla has decided that after he smashes all the competition he wants to build a triumphal arch with all the bent up wreckage, to kind of commemorate the event.
bikes1.jpg

and as for Bambi we have plans for him as well
DeerHeadDispaly3.jpg

Scott 8)

bambi's forks are gonna look good on Godzillas wall with the rest of the bikes. hahahahahahahahaha

Outlaw :p :p :p

I'm just sayin I found a guy who knows how :roll:
Scott 8)
godzillabadgecolor.jpg

ok, I photoshopped these on to see what they would look like. tell me what you think of the wingo hub caps??
Scott 8)
IMG_0207wingos.jpg

37fleetwood said:
... tell me what you think of the wingo hub caps?? ...

i think it would look cool on the rear only in my opinion, maybe throw a leather/green reflector hubshiner up front.

I worry that I am ever moving away from the "Rat Rod" roots of this build. oh and I changed the headlight as well.
P1010660.jpg

P1010661.jpg

and added some more noise as if the siren wasn't enough!
P1010662.jpg

Scott 8)

man a siren and a horn!!!!!!!sheeeeeeeeeeeesh id be happy with either one! just wondering.......does the horn make a sound kind of like someone stepped on a duck or is it the ooooga type(i know its a dumb question but ive never heard one before :shock: )
looks great btw!

cman said:
Those are very cool. They go nicely with the pedals and chainguard.
too funny until you mentioned it i forgot I photoshopped the pedals in as well, and when I saw the wingos I immediately thought of the chain guard. you guys better watch me closely or i'll photoshop the whole bike and you'll never know. :roll:

sensor said:
just wondering.......does the horn make a sound kind of like someone stepped on a duck or is it the ooooga type(i know its a dumb question but ive never heard one before :shock: )
the siren is an old one (they reproduced them) and so it has its own charm and has a bit of a grumble as it whines. the Claxon type is made by EA and is going to be harder to explain. it is the same principal to an ahooga horn like on the Model T etc. in practice you can't get it spinning like the car horns by pushing the plunger so probably the "Duck" analogy is closer. it kinda croaks. people are usually surprised at how loud it is. :mrgreen: my camera will do short videos with sound, maybe I'll try to make a short video featuring both siren and horn.
someone asked if I had the wingos? no I wanted to see what they looked like without buying a set.I'm very torn over them. I still haven't spent any money on Godzilla and the Wingos are $60.00. if I get a set they ruin the "no money, run what you got" philosophy. then I'll be tempted to buy a new chain/s maybe new bearings here and there, the tires are 50 years old should I get new ones,etc. it sets up a very slippery slope.
I'll tell you truthfully though, I'm liking the look of this bike so much I'm tempted to give it a real, nice paint job after the build and make it respectable. I won't, but you can see by the direction that it is going, it is kinda turning into the Titanic in that it is something that was beautiful, gracefull, that has fallen into disrepair. I have explained the bike to some people by saying that there are 32 Ford Rat Rods and there are '59 Caddillac Rat Rods. Godzilla is the latter. once beautiful and classic now rough and fantastic. like the movies, Godzilla has an Iconic look that I hope when people see it they just say, yes thats just right, anything else would be too much and any less would hurt it. would you change anything about the Godzilla movies of our childhoods? looking at some of the bikes I can see where some of the guys may not really get Godzilla, but thats good too. these bikes need to represent not only the talents of the builders but they actually showcase the minds and feelings of their builders. we're all so different. well I didn't mean to go on so long.I am greatful for all your input.
Thanx
Scott 8)

60 bucks???? Well it's your bike. But I do get your argument, definitely. It kinda gripes me when I see people talking about their "rat rod" and they've got enough cash in it to buy a nice, new cruiser!
I had to drop 25 'cause I just HAD to have the "just right" handlebars for the Brass Monkey and it broke my heart :cry: Now I've got 40 bucks in it?!?!??! :shock:

Well, I started with a totally empty garage. No bike parts to be found anywhere. So I had to buy a few parts. No apologies given.

Scott, with your talent, couldn't you fab up something similar to wingos? Just askin'... your bikes are amazing! ('course Godzilla is gonna get roughed up a bit when Bambi rolls out...) :wink:

too funny until you mentioned it i forgot I photoshopped the pedals in as well, and when I saw the wingos I immediately thought of the chain guard. you guys better watch me closely or i'll photoshop the whole bike and you'll never know.

Definately need a riding video on this one. Harder to Photochop :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back