Godzilla

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
well if you've looked in the discussion forum for this build off you may have seen this, and for those of you who haven't, here's Godzilla!
Godzilla is half prewar Roadmaster and half prewar Colson, put together around a decade ago but never finished, but that's about to change! Good luck to all and lets have fun! :mrgreen:
here is the photo I submitted for consideration
P1010522.jpg

after I submitted the first photo I mocked up a few parts on the bike, I think it's coming along pretty good.
P1010527.jpg

the springer is off a '60's Ross
P1010525.jpg

a set of "Ratty" whitewall Lightning Darts, and fenders off a '50's Murray or Monark, I'm not sure which.
P1010529.jpg

Scott 8)

If you're going to call it Godzilla, you should use those tires in the background. :mrgreen:

Looking good!

Hugo

I went out today and started changing things around a bit and here is one of the possibilities tell me what you think.
Scott 8)
P1010534.jpg

thats ugly, looks stupit, ya think your goin win with that dumb bike,ha, better send it to me so i can put a little witch craft on it an make it go away.lol

actually, i like it. nice lookin frame. now get to buildin

Outlaw :mrgreen:

I love the fenders, springer, and headlight. Not so much on the bars, they don't flow with the bike.

I love it!!!!....dont know how I feel about the bars though.

sensor said:
i think i know where they came from.....90's huffy mtb perhaps?

the bars? theyre off of a Pacific mtb. all aluminum but cheaply made, I may change them I have a set of ape hangers, you can see them in the photo laying next to the bike. do you think I should keep the drop stem?
Scott 8)

Almost nobody likes the bars??? Although I'm not a fan of downturned bars in terms of riding comfort, they normally look good and I thought these matched the curve of the top tube and framed those sweet springers really well. A freaky tech bar might play off those springers too:

http://www.bicycledesigner.com/defaulthome.asp?Main=/datasheet.asp?PartNumber=516010

Great build so far!!!! If you've got any unusual forks stashed away that you're willing to sell let me know!

I think I may have found the look!
P1010540.jpg

P1010541.jpg

and if you're wondering, this is Godzilla Green", notice that the can says it "stops rust"
P1010543.jpg

what do you get when you apply Godzilla paint to sun burned 40 year old Western Flyer grips?? GODZILLA GRIPS!!
P1010545.jpg

finally a test patch of green, I think I like it!
P1010546.jpg

Scott 8) :mrgreen:

hmmmmmmmmmm i thought it was...
ohhhhh no! there goes rrbbo! go go godzilla!
sorry ive been waiting to use that since i first heard he was in :mrgreen:
again SORRY :oops:

Scotty, you must have watched the exorcist before you picked that color!! needs to be more like john deere green!! :D I got the perfect color in the cabnet.

Latest posts

Back