Glidin' In The Garden

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been hunting for a rat project for the last few months...I came across this beauty sitting up against a tree in a garden just a few blocks from my house. I knocked on the door and asked if they would be willing to let it go. The guy told me I could have it. It is a early 50's Eaton's Glider (made by Raleigh). It has 28" tires and I am going to try and salvage as much of the original as possible. I am working right now to remove the layers of spray paint that they used to make it all red. I'll post more pictures as I make significant changes.
(P.S. This site has been great for inspiration...thanks for sharing your work.)

IMG_1267.jpg

IMG_1268.jpg

IMG_1271.jpg

IMG_1270.jpg

IMG_1269.jpg

I just got one of those bikes the other day. great bike. I got 8 28" wheels with tires, some tires where no good. I like the 28" wheeled bikes, only issue is they are rather large. mine was painted just like yours to lol

Pooroldu...Good to have you here..The people on here are the best and will help you with just about anything...Good luck here..Jay..Oh just dont ask me for help..LOL :wink: :lol:

Heres the one I found. It's funny because it's painted the same way, even the headbadge. I have the other parts, I just had to dissasemble it to fit it into a small car.
100_2067.jpg

hsean is on of those 28s an old raliegh or phillips rear wheel
im lookin for a match for my front

So here are a couple of pics to show off the progress...pretty much all the paint is stripped...pedals are in the mail from England...still hunting for a nice hairpin or long spring saddle...tires will be ordered this week...I hope to be riding her by May. Gigiddy Gigiddy.

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

IMG_1388.jpg

IMG_1390.jpg

IMG_1387.jpg

Latest posts

Back