Girvin Fork Fat Conversion Kit

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm considering making some kits to convert a Girvin fork to be used with a fat tire. It would include new legs, and the parts necessary to move the legs out wider. The new legs would have a disc mount, 135mm spacing, and hopefully enough room for a 5" tire.

NOTE: This would NOT be a lightweight kit! It will be made from 1 1/2 inch steel tubing. I estimate it would add about 3-4 pounds to the fork.

I think I could sell the kits for about $150.

I am trying to see how many people would want one of these kits if I made them. I would need enough people to make it worth going and buying a fork and doing the first conversion.

That would be dope. I had to customize my girvin forks on my last build and it was a lot of work. Especially making the fork legs

Attachments

• IMG_4229.JPG
    IMG_4229.JPG
    331 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_4371.JPG
    IMG_4371.JPG
    680.1 KB · Views: 474
I'm considering making some kits to convert a Girvin fork to be used with a fat tire. It would include new legs, and the parts necessary to move the legs out wider. The new legs would have a disc mount, 135mm spacing, and hopefully enough room for a 5" tire.

NOTE: This would NOT be a lightweight kit! It will be made from 1 1/2 inch steel tubing. I estimate it would add about 3-4 pounds to the fork.

I think I could sell the kits for about $150.

I am trying to see how many people would want one of these kits if I made them. I would need enough people to make it worth going and buying a fork and doing the first conversion.
Did you ever make these kits?

Latest posts

Back