getting tanked on a sunday...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i dont know if this is the correct place for this if not pm me please(moderator) and ill move it to where it needs to be(im guessing since it is scratch built itll be fine).
now...lets get tanked!
moto-bike tanked that is :p
got the thing cut and bent and tacked togeather when i noticed i pulled a bonehead move and was off 1/8" from side to side(sorry dont have any pictures of that since i hadnt planned on posting this)
but i cut the thing apart and got it sorted out...
IMG_0489.jpg

after that i welded the top back on :roll:
IMG_0491.jpg

filed the welds down and started sealing it up(again! :lol: )
IMG_0495.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

(dont mid the grinder marks...it was hot rolled steel and that was the only way i could get the freakin' scale off to weld it)
IMG_0497.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

IMG_0508.jpg

yup...that dykem is for a door...yeah im going to cut it apart again after i just finished it for a second time :lol: :lol:
IMG_0511.jpg

oh no! what have i done?!?!?
stay tuned for another boring installment of Plan9Customs presents! :lol:
ohdramaimage-1.jpg

Man you make that look so easy. I know its not. There is such a fine line between getting
a weld smooth and grinding off too much and it falling apart. Nice job. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Happiness is a clean shop. :lol:

Gold Street Customs said:
I think I know a good home for this...
006-24.jpg
i hope so!
Uncle Stretch said:
Man you make that look so easy. I know its not. There is such a fine line between getting
a weld smooth and grinding off too much and it falling apart. Nice job. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Happiness is a clean shop. :lol:
thanks :mrgreen: and yeah happiness is a clean shop(just sucks trying to clean it everynight!)
Rat Rod said:
Sensor's watched a lot of American Chopper. :lol:
nahhh.... i just lied years ago to get a job at a custom shop so i had to learn REALLY FAST(while on the job w/o the boss knowing :lol: )....thank God for oldtimers willing to share!

d'oh!
forgot to put the finished pictures :oops:
IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0534.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

i didnt want the door flapping around in the breeze so had to make a latch...
IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

IMG_0547.jpg

and basically that ends our boring sunday afternoon...
i need to get a piece or 1" tubing but i have none here so i have to try to borrow a scrap from the steel shop and then itll be on its way home!

Latest posts

Back