Get-A-Grip March 22, 2014 Cleveland TN.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Decided to bring my grandson along. Going to stop in the Smokies Friday. Probably can't chase him and sell stuff, so we're just bringing our matching green schwinns and looking for cool stuff. Be sure to say hey!

Here we are just hours away. they are calling for a 30% chance of a rain shower starting at 1 pm before that just clouds. We will be fine so come on out and have a blast. The response this year has been overwhelming. Lots of emails and great comments from all. REMEMBER: The gates open at 10 am no earlier. The show is over at 3 pm. I look forward to seeing everyone and someone will take home a nice bike!!!!!!!

Trailer is packed and ready! My first swap. Leaving at 7:15 a.m. from Northeast GA rain or shine.

Looking forward to my first Get-A-Grip show! I'm still a fairly new member...... My first show was the Dallas, GA show last month and that was GREAT !!Sounds like a HUGE turn-out .....are the spaces really only 10' X 10' ?? IF so ..... save me at least 4 of those 10' X 10' spaces. It's real tough to fit everything in only 10 X 10 See ya' soon.... Look for the FELT Bike Tent...Dave @ Classic Cool Rides

I agree. I'll need about 2-3 spaces myself. Look for the 87 Orange Schwinn Free Form.

I picked this up at the swap. thought it was hilarious. Just need some ape hangers.

IMAG0220.jpg

Had a blast! :)

I bet you did! You won $100!

I did very well selling all my cheap parts today....I also got a lot of good parts for cheap...so I guess that all works out.

Good to see everyone!...someone post that group photo!

Good turn out, good weather and some good deals!
I did get to ride todhunter's swing bike and didn't crash.:D I also took CeeBee's Silver King for a spin and it's a very nice ride!

I'm pretty sure that I bought what will be my build-off bike today (always subject to change).:)
Also, my build-off 8 bike 'Southern Flyer' was in the show's top twenty but didn't win the top prize, so I'm calling that 2nd place.;)

Let me begin by saying I was blown away by everyone showing up at this years event. The turnout was, to say the least, humungous and I want to personally thank each of you for all that you did to make this a great success. Without you this kind of show is not possible and thank you for coming out! Through your efforts we raised almost $1500 for the American Cancer Society and this does not include all the money that was raised from the food vendors. The video made yesterday will be edited and music added and once completed will be posted here for you to see. We had some great bikes in the show this year and thanks for showing your rides.

We are not perfect by any means but try our best to make this a fun day for everyone and appreciate the quick response from the show.

I am going to try to make the show in Pigeon Forge on April 12, 2014 at Busted Knuckle. Hope to see everyone there!

I was there and did the poker run, I really enjoyed it just couldn't stay long. I had the deuce with the tall ape hangers, faded flames and just a little rust. I bought the bike new in 1998 or 99 I think. That bike stock was horrable to ride handle bar in your gut on turns, hurt my knees to pedal. Ape hangers, angled seat post, nexus 3 speed now its perfect.

I was there and did the poker run, I really enjoyed it just couldn't stay long. I had the deuce with the tall ape hangers, faded flames and just a little rust. I bought the bike new in 1998 or 99 I think. That bike stock was horrable to ride handle bar in your gut on turns, hurt my knees to pedal. Ape hangers, angled seat post, nexus 3 speed now its perfect.
Been flying under the radar eh? Welcome aboard finally!

Thanks dorr for putting on such a great show. We had a great time, enjoyed seeing all the killer bikes & picked up some great deals.

Renaissance Man, that "Southern Flyer" is a winner in my book. Very nice build & glad you brought it to the show.

Thanks for the kind words. We try to make this a fun day for the whole family and encourage people to bring out their family when they come. We want to promote the bike hobby, We want to raise money for the American Cancer Society and want to provide good family entertainment where everyone has fun.

For those who could not make it, here are a few stats from the show: We had 33 bicycle Vendors that purchased a total of 45 vendor spots. There were some great deals and any kind of bike you could imagine. This means we are officially half full out of our possible 100 spots. We had 44 of the greatest bikes to show in a chance to win one of the 22 awards. We sold 44 poker cards in the poker run and had 7 people who raced in the slow drags. We had a total 57 participants from various states with one all the way from Pennsylvania. In the end we raised $1500 that went to the American Cancer Society.

The Giveaway Bike ended up going to the State of Alabama and the winner claims he is ready to hit the show circuit with the bike.

Once again let me personally thank everyone who attended the event for this could not have been done without you!!! Thanks for your time and generosity. We have already started planning for next year to be bigger and better than ever. "Look for the video soon."

Latest posts

Back