Genuine Bicycle Products BMX cruiser

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For now we're running some other forks, we'll be making our own at some point. But I agree, I really just don't like disc brakes and the mounting would ruin the look of the bike.

rev106 said:
For now we're running some other forks, we'll be making our own at some point. But I agree, I really just don't like disc brakes and the mounting would ruin the look of the bike.

How many of these frames are you sittin' on, Rev? The last frame i bought isn't gonna work for me; I need to sell off some frames/parts (gotta keep the wife happy) to make some room and scare up some cash. Essentially, this is the frame I'm looking for, but it might be a minute before I can actually grab one...

-rob

made 20 so far, we've sold 4. We've been "open" for about a month now.

completebg08.jpg

completebw08.jpg

just built these up so people can see what they can look like with easy to get, off the shelf parts.

We made some cruiser bars.

crobar01.jpg

made in USA by us 4130.

Just pokin' my nose in here for a second. Functionality has a beauty of it's own. I personally had a much easier time making those early "ugly" center-pull cantis work right than the side-pull noodle things that are standard now. :| On the other hand, the single mount side-pull Weinmann against chrome I just stuck on my 3-spd still comes on smoothly but when squeezed hard can lock-slide or "go unicycle". :mrgreen: Love what you're doing with this product, any way, although if I were to buy one I might have to take a grinder to those rear dropouts. :p 8)

i find v-brakes to be about 50 times easier to set-up than center-pull cantis. YMMV, but i don't think i'll go back to cantis again, if i can help it. (My one bike has a center-pull cantilever front brake, though.)

-rob

sorry to resurrect a loooong dead thread, but Rev106, I gotta ask: When are you going to tell RRB folks about the Article 2?

img_6481_blowup.jpg
That thing is the heat.....

I'm thinking I might grab one of your frames soon. I shouldn't; too many bikes. But, the things are too tempting... Do you still have frames available? Any pricing differences between the Article 1 and 2?

regards,
-rob

oh my, I guess I never kept up on this I'm sorry about that. Well we have 3 frames now. We make about 10 a year as we have to work around our real job and all that to make this happen.

p1010075_copy0.jpg

Article Three

Well here's a link to a mess of our bikes:

http://bmxmuseum.com/bikes/genuine_bicycle_products/

Latest posts

Back