"Gang Green" (whopper rework)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a Phat Whopper Chopper frame from indz-chuckz a few weeks ago and decided i should chop it up to get bits and pieces out of it. Here's where its at today...

annnnnnnnnd......boom
Widened the rear end of the frame to accept a 26x100 and created a center section to go with whats left of the Phat. Just have to fit the chain stays back on and the head tube and bottom bracket. Looks a ton better so far.
(I know my make-shift "jig" is very primitive but it works as long as i use levels and can measure lol)

Made a steer tube for the beginning of the fork build. I put a steep rake on the neck tube because i wanted a really tight/responsive steering. i will work a pitch into the fork to get the front wheel where i want it. Just using these 100s for mockup but will run black 80s on the finished bike for a better tire selection.

Nice looking frame. This is going to be a very good looking bike when it is done. I am really digging the super short rake on the head tube. That is something you just don't see much on chopper bikes.

WOW great start, exited to see more progress!

Thanks for the compliments guys. Need to see a guy about getting some wheels built, and i'll continue with the fork asap

the Ruff Regulator fork would fit the style of your build. Or a fork similar. You need something beefy to match the lines. That's an awesome looking bike so far. Can't wait to see it finished. Got any ideas on paint/patina?

the Ruff Regulator fork would fit the style of your build. Or a fork similar. You need something beefy to match the lines. That's an awesome looking bike so far. Can't wait to see it finished. Got any ideas on paint/patina?

Thanks!
Not stuck on a color yet. And thinking of building a truss style triple tree fork for it.

not much to report but I did manage to drop the 80's off last night to get built. Ill be ordering tires soon. And I can continue on with the build throughout this week and next. Shooting for my usual end of the month deadline. Here's a fuzzy pic of the hoops...

set up a visual today to see what ive got and to measure for fork legs. I hate the bars on it lol. both right side up and flipped. going to have to go another route or do a ton of modification to get those to work.

Made a steer tube for the beginning of the fork build. I put a steep rake on the neck tube because i wanted a really tight/responsive steering. i will work a pitch into the fork to get the front wheel where i want it. Just using these 100s for mockup but will run black 80s on the finished bike for a better tire selection.

Yellow is under used. I like it. What kind of bars would you like? I am cleaning out my closets.

- by Gigmata

Last edited:
Got forks now. Gonna use some screw on pegs as top caps since they sleeve right over the fork legs. I'll cut em down and pretty them up so they aren't so obvious and ill make it to where i can bolt em down. Might integrate the handle bars into the top caps... Just an idea. And also picked the colors. Going to be black and lime green distressed(like my other builds) Think I'm going to call the bike "Gang Green." Most of the major fabrication is complete other than handle bars and cranks. The seat tube will get cut down some more. And I'l add a few gussets in areas.

Latest posts

Back