funky sea creatures

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think 2:05 is my friend Boomer :? :shock:. i would scream like a little girl if any one of these touched my toe while i was swimming.

back when i was breeding seahorses and pipefish, i cared for at least 4 of those creatures.

the mantis shrimp pictured is capable of breaking a 90 gallan tank with its claws (actually, this type has hammers and is a smasher, not a slasher) mine was 6" and vividly colored.
there considered a pest in the aquarium (they eat shrimps/snails and all the good things that keep your tank clean. when they hit something, you can here it from across the house.

the leafy sea dragon and sea dragon are closely related to sea horses. (and very difficult to find)
oh yes the go-fish, i believe this is actually a gaint sized amphiapod (sp?) also another pest in the aquarium world.

that being said, these certainly weren't the wierdes hitchhikers i found in my tank (hitchikers find ther way into the aquarium via liverock)

found this in my tank one morning (magicly appeared) it was approx the size of a tennis ball.
stupity ruled and i just had to touch it.
IMG_8432.jpg

IMG_8402.jpg

turns out this nudibranch sheds those little leaf type things as a defence.
so here i am with 10 or so of those little leaves, sticking to my finger twitching like crazy. (crazy glue kinda sticky)

i gotta say it scared the heck out of me. :)
IMG_0902.jpg

Mandrarin.jpg

mandarin gobies (above) are real hard to care for (cause of the tiny bugs they eat.)
i cared for a breeding pair for over 8 years. theres tonnes of pictures of my fish on the net.
if you ever see a pic of this fish, look for a hole in its nose, and you'll know it was mine.
i used to joke with the girlfriend, thats where they caught it on a hook. lol

IMG_9687.jpg

i have close to 4000 pic's of crazy things in and found in my aquariums.

NICE! thanks for sharing the pics. i would be tempted to touch them all too. :lol: . that mandarin goby look so cool. i envy your job. :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back