Full View 2.0

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Full View-Bodywork

Sharp looking bike. I like the wheel discs. They are a nice touch.

Re: Full View-Bodywork

I decided to add a red highlight on the part of the rim that is not covered by the moon disc, that means you need to disassemble the hub and remove the brake arm and rear sprocket to get the disc on and off, while it was off I retrofitted and replaced the stock Shimano brake arm with an old Bendix, I'll retouch that brake arm later. I added a stainless fender stay as well, I'm really happy with the back end.

Here is the donor front end I'm thinking about using, the springer still has the original key in it!!!

Re: Full View-Rear View

This is gonna be a cool salt flats Columbia!

So... the forks (and entire bike) I just purchased on ebay are totally 100% jacked up. They were crooked by at least 10 degrees, and had some pretty major dings that looked like they might cause the fork to fail at one point. I stripped, straightened them and brazed the biggest ding in the metal.

Filled all the flaws - will sand flat tomorrow

I did another round of fill on the tank as well because I have no self control

Frack! I was doing the final coat today on the tank, chainguard and fork and the paint started to wrinkle (aka vein or spider) cause I put in on to thick and didn't wait long enough... I really know better but I started to get ahead of my self, now its like three steps backward! I feel like kicking myself in the ... :x

ARGGG!

Re: Full View-Backwards!

The new front moon disc - freshly spun - finally came in after a month wait but they were damaged in shipping (crap). The guys at Moon were great and sent out a new pair of front disc to replace the damaged ones (cutting it close)!

I started on the rebuild of the pedals, the are looking good with some of the original patina... here is some before and after

I really need some more lighting for the photography :oops:

The overpaint is almost dry enough to sand, some real progress soon!

Re: Full View-Heavy Pedal

I really like what you did with the rear and where you are going on the front, can't wait to see this completed.

I missed a bunch of your build (?!)
It's looking really cool!! It's going to be a stunner!
Thanks for including all the details and innovation
I'll be watching...

Nice work on the pedals!

Re: Full View-Spring Cleaning

This weekend was "leave me alone I'm working on the build off" weekend. Here is what happened...
1) Finished the paint
2) Finished the springer x 2
3) Cleaned and buffed many parts
4) Repainted where I scratched the paint
5) Shimmed the headset
6) Added the kickstand
7) Repainted where I scratched the paint
8) Misc. this and thats

Here are some parts in the progress of being buffed up

Repaired and soldered a new part on the horn...

Lots more on the horizon... Stay tuned for more.

Re: Full View-Spring Cleaning

That Columbia springer came out nicely!

Re: Full View- putting the pieces together again

Looking sweet as expected!!
Looks like you got the same box of keychains that I did.
WP_001821_zps8bf3e711.jpg

Latest posts

Back