Fuji Folder

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A fellow at church has been after me to come look through the pile of old bikes he has to see if there's anything I can use before he takes them to the dump. Today after church I followed him home.
Picked up three 16" kids bikes that looked pretty good to fix up for the church's fall yard sale to raise money for the youth.
Then he showed me this mountain bike. He was telling me something about it being a prize for smoking a lot of cigarettes. Then I noticed the frame was different. At first I thought it was a swing bike, but then began thinking it's a folder. So I grabbed it too. That pretty much filled my KIA! LOL

7efcae1510e41d4de89278b9454365ce.jpg
50a44c54134ee468457d459680ac2ac1.jpg
79bf4fe83cbc6ca84320933c237c0970.jpg
7c237a9dbfcc6ac3eafcde9ebcc6a9f8.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Someone incorporated a shotgun into the top tube of one of these in a buildoff about 6 years ago or so

yeah, I own two of them. And I didn't smoke any cigs to get them. Fairly light cro-mo frames saddled with really heavy parts. Lousy bikes for single track but okay for street use. The first I turned in to a single speed. The second is waiting for me to have time and inspiration to do something with it. There is a rather extensive discussion at bike forums on the bike. Everything you would want to know.

Been watching FB Marketplace for a cheap mountain bike to gut for parts. The bearings in both wheels are wobbly. The same goes for the bottom bracket.
Can't stand the flat bars so been thinking of making some kind of cruiser out of the bike.

Thanks for the heads up about the bike forums.

that folder is cool. I would feel compelled to restore it with higher grade components and wheels. Just because.

Guess it would depend on the doner bike I find if the new components are better or not. Can't stand the "cab forward" seating position so will need to make some changes. Gonna keep it ratty though.

Latest posts

Back