from Manchester by the Sea

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
I joined this community a while back, after searching info on one of my ongoing projects, GT Dyno Kustom Kruiser, Huffy, Snyder or Worksman. Like some of those deferred re-plans, I sort-of procrastinated on doing this introductions part. (I may even learn to post a picture too, someday). I am more of a weekend rider, but sometimes I ride - just so that others won't steal my parking space.

Here is one project, Worksman M2600 straight bar.
upload_2017-2-3_12-31-57.png

I'm thinking Rust-Oleum Racing Green or Black Night. I need to decide which Worksman will be and look like a 3-speed middleweight, and which will sport the 2.35" tires and Huffy 40mm rims (fit?). I also have MTB forks (Ishiwata death fork?) which might better accommodate a rim-brake (w/ 3-spd), but also a repro Monark springer. One or both might get a McCauley #1000 battery tank.
upload_2017-2-3_12-35-45.png

I had planned the Newsboy to be Racing Green, then Dupli-Color Burnt Copper (Metallic Orange), but ended-up deferring my prep and paint bottleneck and using frame 'as-is'. Shimano Nexus-3, Alex X101 rims, Velo Orange 60mm aluminum fenders, Continental 1.75" brownwalls (won't last long), Sunlite aluminum stem and north roads handlebar.
upload_2017-2-3_12-50-23.png

I planned to paint the Ultra from Mint Blue/Black Scallops, but it is too nice, and then I found a matching tank. I used some brown parts and accessories which do not look so well with the blue, black and metal. So, swapping parts makes a 1-bike project into a 3-bike project.
upload_2017-2-3_13-0-55.png

I am thinking about saving the Black Night for this 1963 Gambles Hiawatha; same as Murray Missile 'speed weight' (and others).

Manchester by the sea, thats in NH right ;) I grew up in Ipswich a few towns over and remember when they changed the name and added the "by the sea" to it so it wouldnt be confused with Manchester, NH anymore... i thought it was a really dumb idea. Do you stop into seacoast cycles at all? Browns of Beverly is pretty cool, owner has some cool vintage Raleigh stuff on hand. I also hear the NERRRBers are having a cruise in CT soon, but its a bit of a drive from the northshore. And there is another RRBer in Ipswich as well, 1OldBikeLover is his screen name on here.

Last edited:
You're really local to me. Welcome to the site!

Browns of Beverly is pretty cool, owner has some cool vintage Raleigh stuff on hand.

Small world—I got the Giant that eventually became my USAAF bike and the bike we got for my late mother that's become Retro Rocket at Browns.

Manchester is the local highway (42).
Pics of your bikes?
I figured out how to sent pictures from my flip phone to my computer email. So here are some after pictures to the frames shown earlier.
2010 Worksman INB
upload_2017-4-10_12-3-54.png

1999 GT Dyno Ultra
upload_2017-4-10_12-3-15.png

1963 Gambles Hiawatha (Murray-built speed-weight)
upload_2017-4-10_12-4-36.png

All three are works in-progress - and riders.

Latest posts

Back