Frisket Film and Painting

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I searched all over the boards here to see if anyone had talked about using Frisket Film (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frisket_(art_material)) for masking out areas that you want to paint, but didn't see anyone speak of them in the painting posts.

Anyways I think it would be a great tool to use for those who want that precision over using tape. You can even print or draw first on the backing to make sure you get the correct shape and line that you want before cutting and it really doesn't leave a residue (though I honestly don't have experience using it on a bike. It's not too expensive either (depending on what you consider expensive I guess).

Anyways, anyone ever use Frisket on their bikes for those added details in your paint work? And if so would you recommend it or does it have a negative effect on your paint job (stickiness, etc).

Thanks!

ive used that in highschool in art class but since then no.............
you can use contact paper and have good results but fine line tape and masking tape work just as well and its easier to lay out in my $.01

yeah, just used frisket, and it was pretty fine - it did leave a bit of residue, but compared to some tapes i've been using, including some fine-lining tape (red) and scotch 3m blue masking, it left less. i found the frisket to be good for graphics.

owen

Latest posts

Back