Fresh builds...in progress...sneak peek

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
1950ish Columbia 5 Star Superb. I am finishing the chain guard. There will also be painted graphics on the tank featuring the wing emboss as well as on the chain guard. Maybe a few striped throughout. I will also restore the seat and maybe find a really nice original head badge for it (the one on it is a re-pop and the one that came on it is in great shape but faded. I have the original rack but it is pitted and I would like to find a better candidate for resto.
DSC04080.jpg

DSC04051.jpg

DSC04053.jpg

This is a mid 30's Shelby. I dig it's simplicity but not marking it done yet. I will tool some leather bike bag/pouches for it to match the seat and grips (that were borrowed from a Hiawatha build I did a while back that has started it's build back to stock) It will include a custom head badge from JesusJonez....
DSC04093.jpg

DSC04058.jpg

DSC04098.jpg

This one is a late 40's early 50's Trophy. I don't know much about them but it was a complete bike including fenders and rack. I may put the rack on when I get done restoring it. Installed a cool old Shelby(?) springer. This one has few tricks up my sleeve including a hand grenade tail light, a custom head badge from ..... Jonez, a leather tooled seat cover, skip-tooth drive set-up etc.
DSC04107.jpg

DSC04104.jpg

DSC04105.jpg

DSC04102.jpg

I may also do some painted graphics on the tank. I would appreciate your input...
Army-Skull-Bike1.jpg

Army-Skull-Bike.jpg

Great builds.......I really love the color combo of that second bike. Very nice!

those are all really great looking builds! 8) the lines on that shelby frame are too sweet! i really need one of those someday. :mrgreen:

I just wonder what a tank would look like for a Shelby with the seat stays coming together in front of the seat post. Some really nice builds.

Uncle Stretch said:
I just wonder what a tank would look like for a Shelby with the seat stays coming together in front of the seat post. Some really nice builds.
That is a good question. Gotta a tank we can try on it :lol:

my jaw dropped and continues to drop as i scroll down the page :shock: literally

Latest posts

Back