Freebie from A club member

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I still got two projects before I can get to this one but I'm excited !! It's going to be a frame dragger. The wheels on it are flat but you get a idea of how low it is. Cheers guys !

100_9581.jpg

Yep free . He builds custom burritos out of thw Huffy Cranbrooks and he had this for awhile and it was taking up space so he passed it on to me. I'm Gonna just throw some parts at it after I get the BB on it and keep it how it besides paint.Probley give it to my wife so we both have a burrito to cruise on. Here's some pictures of other bikes he did.

Edited to add " If anybody wants one built or has some questions for him let me know

gsdfgsdf.jpg

fasdfsdf.jpg

fadsf.jpg

SWEET!!! i love free stuff,especially if i got that! lucky, 8) have fun with it

outskirtscustoms said:
Awesome, they look good but expensive.

Really his prices arn't bad at all i.m.o. . I mean you get a ready to ride custom for around $350 and i'm sure just for a frame it would be cheaper. He makes some cool bikes.

That0neGuy said:
Really his prices arn't bad at all i.m.o. . I mean you get a ready to ride custom for around $350 and i'm sure just for a frame it would be cheaper. He makes some cool bikes.

I'll just take your free one. :lol:

Welp I made some progress on this one . I added the BB and a chain tensioner that I made form a 10-speed's derailleur and got it at the body shop next door getting the welds bondod and sanded. I should have some progress pix coming soon. Then when I get the money for the paint I'll start building this frame dragging beast up ! Cheers guys ! :D

Retrogee said:
Where are you in Indy? I'm up north, in the Nora/Homeplace area. I hope to get to some rides this summer!

I'm on the eastside right by downtown close to Washington and Sherman.

While waiting on the bodywork to get done Buddy's springer forks got here so I cut some spacers and threw it on .
Picture4001.jpg

Here are some updated pictures for you guys. It's been slow but it's getting there. The first chain tensioner didn't work out well, it wouldn't keep the chain on it then when it did it just snapped off =X lol and also found out it hits the buttom of the seat :lol: . Now I'm thinking about making guides out of wood or using skate wheels.

100_9878.jpg

100_9879.jpg

Willg said:
Wow thats awesome! Looks very good. What are those handlebars?

I got thos from Road Master. They look awesome, I never seen any like em . I don't wanna switch them out because they fit the bike but they have me folded in half =/ .

Welp I got alittle bit done to it. I made a wood chainguide to make it rideable. I also found one that'll work so I don't have to make one out of a skate wheel and I got other little parts I've needed.Sometime over the winter it should be done. I made progress on my other projects too. I have my wife's bike back together with some of the parts that's made it here so far and waiting on more. Then it'll be ready for paint whick I already have. I bought that Roth's Lil Daddy's Flake , she picked the .008 "Sublime Green" and it's going to be all flake over a black base so yeah it should shine nicely :p Here's some pictures below.

100_9915.jpg

Wife's before
100_9886.jpg

Wife's getting there
cid_478.jpg

I'll prob start a thread in the build sections on hers soon. Thanks for looking !!

That's looking pretty cool...not bad for a freebie. Is that a euro bottom bracket in the back of the frame, right above the wood guide? If it is maybe you could modify a cheapo mountain bike or road bike crankset to use the spindle and part of the crank with the 2 small chainrings. Run one chain to the cranks and the other to the rear wheel?

Latest posts

Back