Free Breeze

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was at UPS today to ship out my stingray. The lady says " we've got a damaged bike in the back if you want to take it home" I said "heck yes" I think it's a 24" Breeze. The front forks are bent and the wheels were allready gone, but it looks to be in good shape and has a few decent parts. The paint is way too nice to remove so I might just pick up some 24" wheels and tires and bring it back to stock form. Too bad it wasn't an old stingray :roll:

bikes-11.jpg

Yeah, it's a real shame this bike went through what it did. After unpacking it I have everything but the wheels and right pedal. It is also a 26". I will be selling both Schwinn approved Weinmann calipers and levers if anyone is interested. The Sturmey Archer 3 speed lever will also be sold. The grips and seat are in fantastic shape, I'll part with those too. Heck, I may just part out everything so keep an eye on the classifieds.

bikes031-1.jpg

bikes034-1.jpg

bikes032.jpg

bikes033-1.jpg

bikes035-1.jpg

UPS at it again!!!!!!!!!! I seriously think UPS sets up packages in the lot like bowling pins & run there truck through them to see how many they knock down!!!!!!!!

Yeah, just ask Rusty513 about a schwinn he shipped a while ago. It ended up going to the wrong place and the bike was pretty much destroyed when the rightfull owner recieved it. I only use UPS when I absolutely have to.

necessaryevil said:
Yeah, just ask Rusty513 about a schwinn he shipped a while ago. It ended up going to the wrong place and the bike was pretty much destroyed when the rightfull owner recieved it. I only use UPS when I absolutely have to.

Yeah that would be my bike!!! :( :( :( :(

Aw man, I'm sorry. That was a cool bike too. From the pics you took and showed Mark it looked like the box was dropped from a 2 strory building a few times. I hope you got everything straightened out with them.

necessaryevil said:
Aw man, I'm sorry. That was a cool bike too. From the pics you took and showed Mark it looked like the box was dropped from a 2 strory building a few times. I hope you got everything straightened out with them.

They would not give me one single penney for the damage. Said that the box was second hand and that had some thing to do with it, Who buys a new box to ship a bike anyway? :x

That's awful. My local UPS said that they have had tons of broken bike claims over the last month. They won't cover damages unless they personally pack it. I said "maybe it's not the people packing them, but maybe the employees just throw things around and don't care if they break things" I spoke to a guy who shipped out a mint original disc brake orange krate. The bike was apparently "lost" during shipping. I think the employees rip open the boxes from time to time. UPS didn't cover his bike because they didn't think it was worth $2,000 as he claimed. He's still fighting them to this day.

Nice stumbled upon. :lol: :lol:

I have had good luck with DHL. Their prices are low and shipping has been fast.

Latest posts

Back